Santorini used to have a flourishing tomato crop. Today, one man is keeping the industry alive on Santorini after a 1956 earthquake nearly cratered the industry. The volcanic soil on the Greek island of Santorini produces a unique variety of cherry tomato that's popular with tourists: the Anydro sun-dried tomatoes.
- Quality Assurance System Manager
- Junior Quality Control Technician
- Regional Sales Manager - Root, Switzerland
- Horticulture Specialist - Guelph (Ontario) Canada
- Technical Director - Brussels, Belgium
- Senior Maintenance Engineer - USA East coast greenhouse facility, location negotiable
- Greenhouse Assistant - Abbotsford (BC) Canada
- Technical Service Manager - remote, US based
- Chief agronomic / Head grower
- Senior Growing (Horticulture) Technician - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- "My most important advice is to give yourself a buffer when cultivating"
- Can LEDs affect the taste and smell of vegetables?
- Succesful first harvest of winter-produced greenhouse peppers in Canada
- Modern substrate factory to be built in Papenburg, Germany
- Partnership to bring turnkey hygiene solutions for Mexican and Central-American markets
Top 5 -last week
- New hydroponic plant pot showcased
- "Robot labour will soon be available for passive greenhouse growers too"
- "You now can grow small fruits all over the world"
- "Being able to produce peppers during the winter really piques the imagination"
- French supermarket removes 'tasteless and off season' winter strawberries from the shelves
Top 5 -last month
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-01-20 Kenyan growers making good money from traditional vegetables
- 2021-01-19 Indian actress shows off her soilless backyard farm
- 2021-01-19 US: Cultivating beautiful flowers and greenhouse vegetables at Castle Hayne Farms
- 2021-01-18 Texas-based greenhouse grower adds to board of directors
- 2021-01-15 Victoria growers forced to dump $150,000 worth of celery due to labor shortage
- 2021-01-13 Rwanda pepper growers struggle to find market
- 2021-01-12 Kenyan vegetable growers expect economic boom due to schools reopening
- 2021-01-08 The importance of collaboration for a sustainable future
- 2021-01-08 Almeria's producers happy with post-Brexit agreement
- 2021-01-07 UK seasonal visas for fruit and vegetable pickers to be trebled
- 2021-01-06 Survey to provide insight on emerging indoor farming trends and challenges now live
- 2021-01-06 There's a new soft fruit player in Europe
- 2021-01-05 Japan: Growers struggle with vegetable oversupply & tumbling prices
- 2021-01-05 Hydroponics startups are slowly growing on Indian consumers
- 2021-01-04 “We need more producers; we need to get people interested in this”
- 2021-01-04 “Let food be your medicine”
- 2021-01-04 Chiayi farmer wins best tomato title
- 2021-01-04 Expansion of UK migration scheme to support 2021 harvest
- 2020-12-24 “Wine can solve many problems, but not at a global scale”
- 2020-12-24 Vegetable grower-shipper honors veterans this holiday season