Produce Marketing Association will welcome 6 new industry leaders to the PMA Board of Directors on Thursday, October 22 as the board meets for the first time. The newly elected leaders span the industry supply chain and the global community. PMA’s Board works with PMA staff and other industry members to help carry out the PMA mission to connect, inform and deliver industry solutions to enhance member prosperity.
“I am excited to welcome the 6 newly elected leaders to the PMA Board of Directors,” said PMA CEO Cathy Burns. “These volunteers are essential to helping PMA reach the goals set in our strategic plan and realizing our vision to grow a healthier world. They provide strategic guidance, thought leadership, and their own unique perspectives to guide the organization’s growth and value to members and industry. It’s a blessing to have their partnership and collaboration in the years ahead.”
- Alan Aguirre Ibarra is an industry leader with extensive commercial and philanthropic experience. He is the CEO of Grupo Alta and Divine Flavor LLC, an International Grower/Shipper company with 29 years of experience in the international produce sector.
- Amelie Aust is a Co-CEO and second-generation owner at Fall Creek, a blueberry breeding and nursery company serving berry companies throughout the Americas, EMEA and soon Asia.
- Nikki Cossio is the founder and CEO of Measure to Improve. She is a recognized leader in the produce industry known for building successful sustainability programs and implementing innovative solutions.
- Amy L. Gates is the former President of Frontera Produce of Edinburg, Texas. Gates entered the produce industry when she joined the Frontera team in 2004.
- Daniel Mathieson is the Chief Executive of Zespri, the grower-owned kiwifruit marketer, since September 2017. He is based between Zespri’s head office in New Zealand and its global sales and marketing hub in Singapore.
- Jim Richter is the as President and CEO of Amerifresh in Scottsdale, Airzona. Amerifresh is a strategic business unit of U.S. Foods and is a shipper, marketer, and sourcing company for food service, retail, and wholesale customers throughout North America.
Led by Dwight Ferguson
The PMA Board will be led by Chair, Dwight Ferguson, President and CEO of the California Agricultural Leadership Foundation. In his incoming chair remarks at Fresh Summit 2020, Ferguson detailed the Board’s priorities for the year.
“Our vision remains the same – to bring together the global produce and floral communities to grow a healthier world – but we will use some new filters to get there,” said Ferguson. “including, a stronger focus on building deeper global connections with produce and floral sectors worldwide; a lens of diversity and inclusion to ensure we do all that we can to welcome new talent and new thinking into our community; and exponentially expanding our reach to include everyone who enjoys the joy of fresh produce and floral.”