Recognise the problems below, and wish to have clear strategies to reduce or prevent them from occurring?
This upcoming Cravo webinar will be valuable to you if want:
- strategies to prevent these problems instead of becoming an expert on treating the symptoms year after year
- a better understanding of how light quality, changes in plant temperature and water loss impacts on the development of leaves, flowers and fruit
- a better understanding why the plant problems are so difficult to prevent in the open field, a net house, a tunnel, a rain shelter or a conventional greenhouse
- strategies that help break all 3 sides of the disease triangle
- strategies which helped increase the plants natural defenses and reduced the reproduction rate of insects
- a better understanding of how to improve flower development, pollination, fruit size and quality
- strategies for growing vegetables, lettuce, herbs, berries, cherries, cannabis, figs
- a better understanding of the best practices when using automatic retractable roof houses
Where does this knowledge come from?
Over the 35 years that retractable roof houses have been in operation, growers using them improved their yield and quality and that they were able to shift the timing of their harvests for crops like vegetables, berries, tree fruits like cherries and avocadoes, flowers, and cannabis. However, they also observed that they frequently had fewer problems with disease, insects, fruit quantity or quality. People had their own ideas why they had fewer problems, but there was frequently a lack of agreement as to exactly why this was happening or what were the best practices to ensure repeatable results.
15 years ago, Cravo decided that they wanted to know exactly why many of these problems were being prevented and how to develop the best practices for designing new facilities, the best way to control the houses and how to modify the plant management protocols compared to those used in conventional houses. Fast forward to 2020, the company now has 4 different retractable roof house models for research at 70m and 1,700m elevation in Mexico. The research combined with the experiences of commercial users of retractable roof houses on 6 continents has given the company a large library of experience of combining indoor and outdoor environments.
Register for the webinar here.