The main goal of a new study was to investigate how the GBG approach could be developed to be part of the curricula, and be integrated in a biology class setting. The potentials of using aquaponics for educational purposes has previously been studied. The study investigates the potentials of including digital based sensor technology. These can be used for measuring water quality including pH, temperature and nitrates and ammonia levels. The complete educational program package was named the eGBG.
- Looking for an opportunity in India
- Procurement & Sales Manager, Potato Division - Lobinstown, Co. Meath, Ireland
- European regional agent and new sales manager
- Head Grower - Owatonna (Minnesota) USA
- Teeltspecialist (Proeftuin & Veredeling) - Hendrik-Ido-Ambacht, Netherlands
- Farm Manager - Riana, Tasmania, Australia
- Industry Development Manager - Rocklea, Australia
- Commercial Manager | Huelva, Spain | Soft Fruits
- Farm manager / Senior grower seeking for his next role
- Fruit Export Junior Sales Manager (Europe Division)
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- 'Blueberry used to be an extensive crop, but is becoming more and more intensive"
- Cooling a soilless growing facility even in extreme climates
- Corona-update: OECD says global economy will suffer for years to come
- Spain: Almeria buckles under virus pressure
- “It’s not the growers filling their boots at the moment”
Top 5 -last month
Integrating STEM education and food literacy training in an elementary school
Aquaponics in the classroom
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-04-01 "COVID-19 wake-up call for local food production"
- 2020-03-31 Five reasons to go vertical
- 2020-03-30 "A few weeks ago, we couldn't have imagined this situation"
- 2020-03-30 Horti-Facts Case Study: Fifth Season
- 2020-03-26 Urban Crop Solutions appoints commercial representative for Asian market
- 2020-03-26 "Coronavirus pandemic highlights vital need for vertical farms in world cities"
- 2020-03-25 Container farming refreshes co-op's fresh food aisle
- 2020-03-24 Restaurant and school closings inspire new ways to bring harvests to market
- 2020-03-20 "We are all in this together and we will make it"
- 2020-03-19 Nigeria: NFGCS initiates hydroponic livestock fodder programme
- 2020-03-19 Singapore is growing vegetables in their supermarkets
- 2020-03-18 How to expand your grow vertically
- 2020-03-18 Danish students develop drone that monitors crops in vertical farming
- 2020-03-18 The advantages of plant factories
- 2020-03-17 India: the changing face of urban food systems
- 2020-03-17 Indoor vertical farming in the urban nexus context
- 2020-03-16 Climate change research with plant chambers
- 2020-03-16 Taiwan: YesHealth to announce plans for large vertical farm
- 2020-03-13 The circular future of the urban horticulture
- 2020-03-13 Have a look at a container farm in India