Every year, the Chartered Institute of Horticulture hosts a cross-discipline conference on horticulture. This year’s conference Putting Science into Practice provides a platform for researchers and practitioners to highlight work in and related to Horticulture to help those engaged in horticulture and its related fields turn this research into action on the ground.
- Nicola Spence (Chief Plant Health Officer, DEFRA) – Protecting the UK from plant pests and diseases
- Neil Bragg (Growing Media Association) – The Challenge of change, growing without peat.
- Phil Pearson (APS Group) – The science of your salad.
- Dr Bill Parker (Royal Society of Biology) – Growing for the future, the potential of plant science.
- Zac Tutor (Lead Landscape Architect, Sheffield Council) – Horticulture as a catalyst for change.
- Lucy Witter (National Botanic Garden, Wales) – Planting for pollinators
- Annabel Buckland (Forest Research) – The urban forest.
- LSA Fellowship talks
- Lightning Talks
- To understand the latest in scientific thought and how it applies to horticultural practice.
- Network opportunities between students and professionals.
- The opportunity to challenge experts and be part of the discussion.