Efficiency is part of every decision at EFC Farm. For example, they choose to grow basil because it is a fast-growing crop that does not take up much space and is prone to few diseases. They harvest it before flowering, so the plant's lighting needs do not change. Unlike a lot of other hydroponic farms, the basil is grown in soil and sold as a mini plant. There is minimal processing needed post-harvest. They also pick fast-growing fish species that do not need a lot of fuss, like tilapia, which take around seven months to reach maturity. Lastly, a small, expert team runs the day-to-day operations.
- Office and Sales Administrator - Rotterdam
- Marketing and Administration Assistant - Sunraysia region, Mildura Victoria, Australia
- Grower (Hemp/Tomatoes/Cukes) - Monahans (Texas) USA
- Innovation Director - De Lier, Netherlands
- Sales Representatives Horticultural Greenhouses - Mexico
- Account Manager Fleuristes France - Hollande du Nord
- Account Manager Benelux Team - Midden-Nederland
- Assistant Breeder - Moerstraten, Netherlands
- Inkoper retail - Aalsmeer
- Chief Executive Officer - Tropical North Queensland (Tully) Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-09-13 UK retailer starts growing herbs within the supermarket
- 2019-09-12 Yamaha investment boss interested in vertical farming companies
- 2019-09-12 UK: Using vertical farming to brew beer
- 2019-09-11 CAN (ON): 45,000 sq. ft. vertical farm opens in Guelph
- 2019-09-04 Urban farming takes off in Germany
- 2019-09-03 Newly developed partnership helps global vertical farming industry
- 2019-09-03 Is indoor vertical farming better for the environment and consumers?
- 2019-09-02 "Vertical Farming, the future for food production"
- 2019-09-02 US (UT): Commercial, indoor strawberry farm coming to Murray
- 2019-09-02 Sustainable farming on the rise in UAE
- 2019-08-30 Plants ready to go in at new Russian indoor farm
- 2019-08-29 Looking for urban farming 'silver bullet' in China
- 2019-08-26 Offering efficiency and scalability in vertical farming
- 2019-08-23 US (NY): Why farming is moving indoors
- 2019-08-22 US (VA): CIT GAP funds invests in on-demand modular farming
- 2019-08-22 US (MI): Conveyor systems to improve vertical farming efficiency
- 2019-08-21 Crop One and Sananbio to jointly develop vertical farms
- 2019-08-20 Uganda holds first ever aquaponics awards
- 2019-08-20 Will vertical farms tackle the world's growing food crisis?
- 2019-08-20 How to feed 10 billion people?