The GreenTech Summit takes place during GreenTech on 12 June and offers decision making investors, growers, breeders and suppliers an insider view on autonomous technology in horticulture, but also the shipping industry.
Developments in autonomous technology create opportunities to reduce dependencies in horticulture and increase flexibility in the industry. Successful horticultural entrepreneurs are highly needed, but scarce. Horticulture is dependent on location, infrastructure, specialist skills, ‘green fingers’ (the green thumb), and the availability of labor.
On 12 June, the GreenTech Summit will be an inspirational meeting for the Captains of Industry. Three keynote speakers will share their views on and experience with autonomous technology in relation to the horticultural industry.
- The Summit will kick-off with an opening by Mariska Dreschler (Director Horticulture GreenTech at RAI Amsterdam).
- The first speaker that will take the stage is Dr. Silke Hemming (Head scientific research team Greenhouse Technology at Wageningen University & Research). Hemming will provide an update on the latest developments in autonomous greenhouses with the title ‘Autonomous Greenhouses - Horticulture beyond the green thumb’.
- Next moderator Tracy Metz will lead an interactive panel discussion: ‘Autonomous Technology - Experiences & Expectations’, about the current state of affairs, experiences and expectations on autonomous technology with young professionals and entrepreneurs in horticulture and technology.
- The following speaker will be Ir. Klaas Visser (Rear Admiral (ME) assistant professor Marine Engineering at Delft University of Technology). He will discuss ‘Changing the ship building and design industry with autonomous technology’.
- The Summit will be concluded by the keynote speaker Jitske Kramer with the theme ‘Building tribes with power and love. How will we, the people, change our work and behaviour in an increasingly technological environment?’.
More information and registration
Interested in the GreenTech Summit (12 June 16.00 – 19.00): please visit https://www.greentech.nl/summit-2019/ for more information and registration. Registration costs €195 excluding VAT before 1 May. After this date the registration rate will be €295 excluding VAT.
Want to visit GreenTech Amsterdam (11 – 13 June)? Registration is free of charge until 3 June on www.greentech.nl. After 3 June the online registration fee will be €40 including VAT per person, and €70 including VAT at the entrance desk.