“What time should I start and stop my irrigation?” This is the question I am asked more than any other, especially as we approach summer. Leading into late spring water usage, by the plant, is increasing so irrigation needs to follow suit. For each individual crop, determined by crop age/fruit load and substrate you are using, I would advise you use WC and EC target figures. Different substrate will have a bearing on advised target figures.
- Farm Manager Abu ADhabi
- Key Account Manager Canada and USA
- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Azerbaijan has great potential for vegetable exports"
- Results from intra-canopy lighting study published
- "VPD tells you how a plant is feeling"
- "Gas prices are high, so we’ve halted part of our production"
- "It is very frustrating as we have the land, we have the water, we have the sun but no labor"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "Honduras greenhouse park to become the largest producer-exporter in the Central American region"
- Netherlands: Codema Systems Group declared bankrupt
- Canada: Dutch holding company acquires Ontario Plants Propagation
- Autonomous robots can pick up to 25,000 raspberries per day
- 32 acres of high-wire greenhouse available for lease in Tehachapi, CA
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-30 What a greenhouse looks like during crop rotation
- 2018-11-29 UK: Getting the glasshouses ready for planting
- 2018-11-28 Foaming for disinfection
- 2018-11-27 "Natural fiber blanket is like having a valve to hold water"
- 2018-11-26 A machine for analysing the soil
- 2018-11-23 "The seasons are changing; so should your climate settings"
- 2018-11-22 "Much wood fibre in a small space"
- 2018-11-21 Berryplant - the first Rubus propagator in Italy
- 2018-11-20 Plantitalia: the favorite nursery for strawberry producers in the south
- 2018-11-19 Spain: Nurseries and breeders must work together
- 2018-11-16 "Crop rotation good opportunity to research residues"
- 2018-11-15 Cloth suppliers ready for upcoming crop rotation
- 2018-11-14 Robot lends Dutch grower a hand
- 2018-11-13 CAN (ON): Developing recommendations for more targeted greenhouse retention pond management
- 2018-11-12 What time should you start and stop irrigation?
- 2018-11-09 Turkey: Greenhouse tomato grower moves harvest time to an earlier date
- 2018-11-08 "Australian growers worried about extended periods of high temperatures"
- 2018-11-07 "Plant selection always depends on new factors"
- 2018-11-06 Turkey: Growers in Antalya hopeful about crop without tuta absoluta
- 2018-11-05 Grafting: A way to boost tomato harvests from low-quality trees