The requirements for the selective removal of sodium from drain water i.e. the 100% separation of sodium from nitrate and phosphate and the need to be able to keep them separate after removal from the water, were explained to the audience. Further, it was shown that ion exchange is the only commercially available technology that can achieve such a separation. The results of a successful demonstration during the 2018 season of a specific ion exchange process called the Sodium Reduction Unit (SRU) were shared with the audience. Lastly, the demonstration in 2018 highlighted two aspects, pH-control and the treatment of the NaCl concentrate, that needed to be finalised before the SRU-process will be market ready.
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
- Nursery Production Manager South Australia
- Advisor / Account manager horticulture Japan
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Russia's Gazprom cuts off natural-gas supply to the Netherlands
- New semi-closed greenhouse solution launched
- "Minimizing the work in the greenhouse is our main goal"
- Can the Dutch vegetable greenhouse chain bear the increasing costs?
- How a safari camp in the heart of Kenya’s Masai Mara is harvesting 200kg monthly
Ion exchange in the treatment of irrigation water
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-27 De Bakker Westland chooses save pipe rail trolleys
- 2022-06-21 "Each country has its own particular way of working and challenges to deal with"
- 2022-06-21 Tomato harvesting robot GRoW wins GreenTech Robot Challenge
- 2022-06-17 Why a high-pressure fogging system?
- 2022-06-16 Meet Berry, the award-winning picking robot
- 2022-06-15 New lighting simulation designed with greenhouse growers in mind
- 2022-06-14 Lockdrives: Our 59-year-old motor is still in use today
- 2022-06-13 AU: Harvest gets smart as farmers turn to digital trackers to boost yield
- 2022-06-13 Arugga to start deploying pollination robots in Finland
- 2022-06-13 Autonomous cultivation is the holy grail for greenhouses; but what does that look like?
- 2022-06-10 Harvesting robot allows 24/7 harvesting and soon will monitor crops too
- 2022-06-10 New type of pipe rail trolley added to BeNomic line
- 2022-06-09 Tomato harvesting robot GRoW will officially be introduced at GreenTech
- 2022-06-09 Self-driving platform launched for robotic applications in greenhouse horticulture
- 2022-06-09 CAN: Ashish Kumar joins Plantech
- 2022-06-09 Analyzing pollen in the greenhouse with updated analyzer
- 2022-06-08 New semi-closed greenhouse solution launched
- 2022-06-07 "Minimizing the work in the greenhouse is our main goal"
- 2022-06-02 This robot’s gentle grip can harvest berries and other delicate fruit
- 2022-06-01 Fruit-picking robots might transform agriculture