First up was Eric, who joined three other lighting professionals on a panel titled, “The Newest Technology In Lighting Your Commercial Grow.” The panel consisted of Chris “Sunshine” Williams, Founder and President of Sunshine Cannabis, Andrew Myers, CEO of ProGrowTech, and John Perricone, Co-Founder of SunGrown Zero. All participants were experienced and well versed in HID vs. LED technology and the pros and cons, which resulted in a lively discussion about the evolution of lighting technology over the years.
Trends in LED Application and Design
Thanks to the collaborate nature of the USCC Expo, Rebecca Knight of Bios Lighting was able to obtain the sound recording from the Expo organizers, compiling a complete hour-long video that is uploaded and available to the public on YouTube.
Some themes that came up in the hour-long panel included:
- Overview of emerging technologies for agricultural grow lighting
- Increased yields, quality, and energy savings results and trends for LED vs HID
- Broad spectrum vs purple
- Importance of uniformity
- Speaker introductions and company perspectives
- Benefits of industrial grade
- Color tuning at early developmental stages
- LED controls
- Lack of financing as barrier to entry and how to get around this