- Senior Commercial Manager (Sales and Procurement)
- Packing Supervisor
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- How farmers are cutting out supermarkets
- Combining vertical farming and greenhouse horticulture to decentralize lettuce production
- Mexico: Rising Farms boosts capacity fivefold
- Higher light transmission and lower heat demand with double foil greenhouse
- Fresh produce chain hit by Lakeside Produce’s bankruptcy
UK: Red Tractor standards to be recognised by Tesco and GlobalGAP
Tesco has announced that from the beginning of April 2018 it will recognise Red Tractor’s standards as equivalent to its Nurture scheme.
It is estimated the development will benefit about 800 Red Tractor assured fresh produce growers supplying Tesco.
International assurance body GlobalGAP also confirmed that as a result of its own benchmarking exercise the requirement for a further farm assessment has been removed.
This has a significant benefit for UK growers who export fruit and vegetables abroad using the GlobalGAP scheme who will no longer require an additional audit on top of their Red Tractor assessment.
Both announcements follow the introduction of a strengthened set of Red Tractor scheme standards which came in to force on 1 October.
“Reducing duplication, driving down bureaucracy and lowering costs is something that we strive to deliver for farming businesses,” said Red Tractor’s chief executive Jim Moseley.
“Tesco, GlobalGAP and Red Tractor have been working in collaboration for some time and I am absolutely delighted our fresh produce standards will be recognised in this way.
“This is a huge new benefit of Red Tractor membership for UK growers, who no longer have to pay for and pass additional inspections to supply major customers at home and abroad.”
A simplified GlobalGAP process will streamline audits and reduce costs for growers who wish to export in the future.
"The Red Tractor Assurance for Farms Fresh Produce Standards were the very first to be benchmarked by GlobalGAP 15 years ago." said Kristian Moeller, CEO of GlobalGAP.
"With this long partnership, we have jointly brought farm certification to a new level and I applaud the achieved state of harmonisation."
Red Tractor will be contacting its members directly with more details about how the changes will be brought into effect.
Source: AHDB Horticulture
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-02-01 Scanner uses algorithms and NIR sensor to identify freshness of avocados and strawberries
- 2023-01-30 New tray system launched improving under-canopy airflow
- 2022-12-23 "In today's inflationary environment, choice of horticultural twine is an investment decision"
- 2022-12-16 Air bubble film to boost yields and protect greenhouses from the elements
- 2022-11-29 Australia: baby cucumbers launch limited edition football pack to promote as a healthy sporting snack
- 2022-11-08 New blackberry and raspberry launching in 2023
- 2022-10-25 ‘Kawaguchi RZ meets Chinese consumers’ requirements for pink tomatoes’
- 2022-10-21 New snack packaging for tomatoes unveiled
- 2022-10-19 "We have launched a reuseable 4G wireless temperature and humidity location recorder with light sensors"
- 2022-10-18 “Company clothing is part of the operation in terms of hygiene, appearance, and comfort”
- 2022-10-12 Dutch bell pepper grower gets new automated crate processing line
- 2022-10-05 Shock-sensing data logger with food shapes replicate movement of fruit and vegetables during handling and transport
- 2022-10-05 “The impact of visibility on global trade flows is rising”
- 2022-10-04 Narrow strawberry tray saves grower 10% on substrate
- 2022-10-04 “Good tastes like more”
- 2022-10-03 "We have been able to contain the cucumber mosaic virus much better"
- 2022-09-30 Laser microperforated packaging prevents fresh produce waste
- 2022-09-26 Royal Brinkman and Kam’s Growers Supply launch Valent truss support clip
- 2022-09-15 Chopped salad line kit gets three new flavors
- 2022-08-25 Drop peppers: A niche product appreciated for their look and taste