- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “Here in Türkiye, we heat greenhouses with geothermal water, which is much cheaper than gas”
- "You have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but also know how to work with others"
- Belgian tomato grower raided on suspicion of using prohibited ToBRFV vaccine
- "A month later, we've had to replant up to 27% of the strawberry plants"
- Labor challenges and inflation in the Canadian horti sector
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- Family business: growing tomatoes in greenhouses for over 60 years with an eye on innovations
- Passive solar greenhouses: How Ladakh farmers are harvesting crops in winter
- Grow it forward receives USDA grant and doubles hydroponic capabilities
Koppert acquires Brazilian biocontrol company
Both companies are based in Piraciacaba, in the Brazilian state of São Paulo, and are characterized by the worldwide innovation vanguard of this biotechnology segment which is reported to have an annual average growth of 20% in Brazil, with both Koppert Brazil and BUG achieving 30% growth per annum over the last 5 years. More than 1.5 million hectares of diverse crops will be treated with biological control products manufactured by Koppert and BUG in Brazil in the 2017/18 season.
‘The acquisition represents an important step for Koppert Biological Systems, especially as it strengthens our position in macroorganisms on this continent,’ Koppert’s Managing Director, Paul Koppert announced on Monday (18 December).
Founded in 2001, BUG is a pioneer in biological control in Brazil and is internationally recognized for its innovative work with macroorganisms in professional agriculture. BUG's presence in the sugar cane market is very representative, with the Trichogramma galloi wasps sales covering more than 400 thousand hectares. And the company is preparing a major launch of a new macroorganism for the grains market in 2018, a revolutionary product in the integrated management of pest-bugs.
Koppert Brazil has been operating since 2011. A year later, Koppert took over the company Itaforte Bioproduto, involved in the Biological Control of pests and diseases in agriculture since 1996. In 2014, the company acquired Manejo Agrícola, the largest distributor of biopesticides in the Brazilian market at the time. This year Koppert and FAPESP (São Paulo State Research Support Foundation) signed an agreement to build the first Biocontrol R&D center dedicated to tropical agriculture.
For more information:
Koppert Biological Systems
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-25 Less concerns about the ToBRFV virus this year in Sicily
- 2022-11-25 Growers can use a test kit to detect ToBRFV before plants even shows signs
- 2022-11-24 “With PATS-C we are more timely aware of an infestation”
- 2022-11-18 ADAMA recognized with crop science award for Araddo
- 2022-11-16 Belgian tomato grower raided on suspicion of using prohibited ToBRFV vaccine
- 2022-11-10 "Air pollution threatens natural pest control"
- 2022-11-08 Colored sticky traps for monitoring phytophagous thrips and their impact on beneficial insects
- 2022-11-08 UV light trap catches male and female tomato looper
- 2022-11-07 Asperello gains approval in Denmark and Morocco
- 2022-11-04 "It's really hard to manage this disease"
- 2022-11-03 "ToBRFV also plays 'a big role' in tomato supply disruption"
- 2022-11-01 AMVAC and NewLeaf Symbiotics partner to bring biological solutions to North American crop markets
- 2022-10-27 "Complete package of natural products for all tomato cultivation stages"
- 2022-10-27 Biimore biostimulant, obtains CE mark under the new EU regulation
- 2022-10-26 RAIF has issued a warning due to the high presence of red spider mites in Almeria's pepper under-cover crops
- 2022-10-26 Plan to eliminate ToBRFV published
- 2022-10-24 Biotalys and Novozymes announce successful Evoca feasibility study
- 2022-10-24 "A specialty blend of beneficial microbial organisms formulated specifically to bolster plant health"
- 2022-10-24 UK: revised policy to release beneficial insects into protected structures
- 2022-10-21 More than half of Dutch pepper growers suffer from new variant green peach aphid