- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- Infarm to make strategy shift, cuts 500 jobs
- UV lamps can control strawberry pests
- "We strive to make raspberries an affordable fruit for more customers"
- US (NY): Owners of Rockland farm say town unexpectedly closed one of their greenhouses
- CAN (ALB): Greenhouse moving to new owner, but land still for sale
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- Passive solar greenhouses: How Ladakh farmers are harvesting crops in winter
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
The power of a multi channel strategy
A Specific Sales Channel For Every Need
Next to shopping at regular supermarkets and specialty shops, products are purchased online more often, after which they are delivered or can be picked up at special pick-up points. Smaller to-go supermarkets or food services present convenience products for on the go and concept stores – focusing on a particular item or theme – are frequented on other occasions. Experiencing freshness – seeing, smelling and tasting fresh produce – gets particularly highlighted at food services and concept stores.
Dutch Jumbo Supermarket And Its Multi Channel Strategy
Nowadays, an increasing amount of retailers present their products via multiple channels: the multi channel strategy. Dutch supermarket Jumbo not only serves its consumers via local supermarkets or the online store – including its delivery service and pick up points – but also via concept stores such as the ‘Food Market’ with its beautifully presented wide range of products and including a ‘Food Market Café’ serving coffee and delicious treats to its consumers.
The Cross-Pollination Across Jumbo And La Place
With its acquisition of ‘La Place’ – a popular Dutch food service – Jumbo enables new cross-pollinations. The original Jumbo supermarket and its online store are selling several La Place products such as coffee and chocolates for example. And its most recent concept store ‘Jumbo City’ – a compact store close to Eindhoven train station – is selling groceries as well as fresh convenience food straight from their private kitchen and bakery. At just a couple of square feet, Jumbo supermarket, the Food Market and La Place are jointly presented.
Concept Stores And Its Products Meeting Specific Needs
Retailers can only become successful when it is clear to consumers where they can buy their groceries at any moment. Retailers should adapt their concept stores and its products to the specific needs of their consumers; whether this is a relaxing shopping trip in the weekend, a few quick groceries on your way home or a delicious coffee and a treat at the train station.
Some sales channels are closely linked to time, trend and place; these concepts will continuously change. But when the focus remains on consumers’ needs and retailers keep adequately responding, they will always be successful at selling their (fresh) products.
For more information:
Wim van den Berg
+31 (0)6 5756 4346
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-29 Australia: baby cucumbers launch limited edition football pack to promote as a healthy sporting snack
- 2022-11-08 New blackberry and raspberry launching in 2023
- 2022-10-25 ‘Kawaguchi RZ meets Chinese consumers’ requirements for pink tomatoes’
- 2022-10-21 New snack packaging for tomatoes unveiled
- 2022-10-19 "We have launched a reuseable 4G wireless temperature and humidity location recorder with light sensors"
- 2022-10-18 “Company clothing is part of the operation in terms of hygiene, appearance, and comfort”
- 2022-10-12 Dutch bell pepper grower gets new automated crate processing line
- 2022-10-05 Shock-sensing data logger with food shapes replicate movement of fruit and vegetables during handling and transport
- 2022-10-05 “The impact of visibility on global trade flows is rising”
- 2022-10-04 Narrow strawberry tray saves grower 10% on substrate
- 2022-10-04 “Good tastes like more”
- 2022-10-03 "We have been able to contain the cucumber mosaic virus much better"
- 2022-09-30 Laser microperforated packaging prevents fresh produce waste
- 2022-09-26 Royal Brinkman and Kam’s Growers Supply launch Valent truss support clip
- 2022-09-15 Chopped salad line kit gets three new flavors
- 2022-08-25 Drop peppers: A niche product appreciated for their look and taste
- 2022-08-22 AI pest & disease detection platform to be distributed by Cultivatd
- 2022-08-08 BioTherm improves performance of their finned heating products
- 2022-07-20 Interesting novelty in the green oblong tomato segment
- 2022-07-12 New organic salad kits and blends line debuts in plant-based compostable bags