Top 5 -yesterday
- UK: Grower reduces greenhouse temperature by more than 6°C during heatwave with no cooling, fog systems
- Understanding the profitability of your greenhouse
- Agave: The new drought-tolerant California crop?
- Patromex and DIDIHU partnership invests in modern plant for value-added coconut substrates
- US: Larry Ellison is feeding Hawaii from his high-tech hydroponic farm on Lanai
Top 5 -last month
- Vertical farming technologies tool in researching and fighting diseases
- German retailer Kaufland and horti-family Reichenspurner open new greenhouse
- "Water is the new gold"
- Growing strawberries from seeds becoming increasingly popular
- Higher productivity and earliness are the story behind these pink greenhouses
Austria, India, Pakistan, Poland, UK, and US
International interest for HortiContact Tour 2018
The HortiContact Tour. Held for the second year in a row, is hosted by the HortiContact trade fair organisation (20 – 22 February 2018 at Evenementenhal Gorinchem), Uniglobe Westland Business travel, and In Greenhouses magazine. The field trip will lead to several growing companies and knowledge institutes. Through sponsored support (Grodan, Svensson, KUBO, BioBest, Mardenkro, HortiMaX, and Priva), participation in the HortiContact Tour is free. International growers need to arrange their trip to the Netherlands and accommodations themselves.
The programme for the HortiContact Tour has been rounded off, and will include both a Practice Day and a Seminar & Trade Fair Day. On the first day of the HortiContact Tour (20 February 2018), participants will visit several growers and research locations. The excursion will depart at 8:15 hours, from Rotterdam. The first stop is at 9 o’clock at tomato grower Lans in Maasdijk. The trip will then continue to the most important centre of innovation of the international glasshouse horticultural industry, World Horti Centre in Honselersdijk.
Seminar & Trade Fair Days
Day 2 centres around Gorinchem, 35 kilometres east of Rotterdam. At HortiContact’s trade fair venue, researchers of Wageningen University & research will host various lectures. Leo Marcelis (horticulture and product physiology professor) on light and LED illumination, Gerben Messelink (researcher) on integrated pest management, Anne Elings (scientific crop physiology) on developing medium technology into high-tech greenhouse production, and Frank Kempkes (researcher) on climate and energy savings. Participants are free to visit the HortiContact trade fair. With an average of over 500 participants, it is the largest and most-valued meeting opportunity for Dutch glasshouse horticulture.
More information / Subscription
Do you know growers in your international business network for whom this tour may be interesting? For more information, refer them to www.horticontacttour.nl.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-11 University of Florida greenhouse training online courses
- 2022-08-10 Deep diving into the metabolics of aquaponics
- 2022-08-10 Seed meets Technology in the starting blocks for the eighth time
- 2022-08-10 14th annual AMHPAC convention, a chance to firm up pending business
- 2022-08-09 Introducing the CEA Summit East
- 2022-08-09 GLOBALG.A.P. explores key industry trends at Sustainable Foods Summit
- 2022-08-09 Foodservice conference 2022: the buyers’ perspectives
- 2022-08-09 "The scientific and commercial strawberry worlds will converge in Belgium"
- 2022-08-08 2022 China Seed Congress and Nanfan Agricultural Silicon Valley forum held in Hainan
- 2022-08-08 Horti light event to discover the latest science of grow lights
- 2022-07-22 Horticulture lighting and learning event: discover the latest science
- 2022-07-22 Photo report: Cultivate 2022
- 2022-07-21 International students visit JD hydroponic plant factory
- 2022-07-21 A Portuguese technology and AI startup for berries and greenhouses wins the Green Disruption Summit 2022
- 2022-07-20 "Hungarian tomato industry has strongly transformed and improved"
- 2022-07-20 Cultivate’22 is a wrap
- 2022-07-19 Final hours of Cultivate get going
- 2022-07-18 Organic Produce Summit saw record attendance
- 2022-07-18 Busy start at Cultivate’22
- 2022-07-15 Photo Report: Hydroponic Farmers Federation Conference 2022