- Sales/Marketing Professional - Europe
- Looking for an opportunity in India
- Procurement & Sales Manager, Potato Division - Lobinstown, Co. Meath, Ireland
- European regional agent and new sales manager
- Head Grower - Owatonna (Minnesota) USA
- Teeltspecialist (Proeftuin & Veredeling) - Hendrik-Ido-Ambacht, Netherlands
- Farm Manager - Riana, Tasmania, Australia
- Industry Development Manager - Rocklea, Australia
- Commercial Manager | Huelva, Spain | Soft Fruits
- Farm manager / Senior grower seeking for his next role
Top 5 -yesterday
- What not to do when starting a new crop
- “This is what we call hands-free cultivation"
- "Risk of E. coli in hydroponic and aquaponic systems may be greater than once thought"
- Corona-update: More than 26,000 Brits to pick fruit and veg in the UK
- "We are reaching our capacity, so I guess that’s our new baseline"
Top 5 -last week
- Houweling’s Tomatoes wins Ultra-Clima greenhouse court cases and is awarded first sub-licence
- Yesterday was a peculiar day in the horticultural world....
- First report of ToBRFV infecting sweet pepper in Italy
- At least 3 sources of ToBRFV in Dutch tomato cultivation
- Japanese autotech giant Denso invests in Certhon
Top 5 -last month
Fresh investment poised to bring innovative device to exporters worldwide
Based in Stockholm, Sweden, MOST has developed a solution for fresh produce and other perishable goods, the MOST Device, which can track both location, temperature, light, humidity and shock during ocean-going maritime shipments and upload stored data at any given opportunity to the GSM-network — and determine the best routes for land transportation in real time.
With four digital sensors plus location tracking, which provide continual online updates, the device is attracting increasing numbers of clients worldwide, including major players in the fresh produce sector, according to CEO Jon Hjertenstein.
This global expansion looks set to be given a significant boost with the recent entry of a group of South Africa-based investors, Knife Capital, which includes Bob Skinstad, a former rugby professional who represented the Springboks in two Rugby World Cups, including as part of the winning side in 2007. Skinstad, who is a part of Knife Capital's London office, has taken a seat on the MOST management board as part of the investment.
In doing so, Skinstad and Knife Capital join Lars Markgren, co-founder of King Digital Entertainment, a British-Swedish game studio that created global gaming sensation Candy Crush, which has been an investor in MOST since 2014.
As Hjertenstein explains, the new round of investment will enable MOST to significantly expand by being able to promote the capabilities of the MOST Device in markets worldwide. One of the first steps towards achieving this will be the recruitment of representatives in markets across Europe, Latin America and North America, as well as southern Africa, with further expansion into Asia to follow at a later date.
For more information:
Jon Hjertenstein, CEO
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-04-06 Government investment in airfreight welcomed by Australian vegetable growers
- 2020-01-16 Vacuum cooling is widely used for fresh produce
- 2019-09-25 Significance of vacuum cooling for fresh produce
- 2019-07-08 "It is difficult to lower the temperature in the vegetable core to the required four degrees."
- 2019-06-03 Air distribution mat against temperature fluctuations
- 2019-02-01 New cold store and cooking facility for Swedish vegetables
- 2018-07-04 Vacuum cooling for every small hold farmer on the planet
- 2018-06-27 US (CA): JSK cooling system for Sunniva
- 2018-06-07 Netherlands: IPHandlers builds new Perishable Centre
- 2018-02-27 North-east India: Farm-side cold storages for vegetables
- 2018-01-04 Absence of cold storage: Indian tomato farmers resort to distress sales
- 2017-12-13 Cold chain solutions for Nigerian farmers
- 2017-12-13 Fresh investment poised to bring innovative device to exporters worldwide
- 2017-12-12 India: Cold storage for growers in the orange bowl of Manipur
- 2017-11-22 What is hydronic cooling?
- 2017-11-13 China: Demand for refrigerated trucks is steadily growing
- 2017-10-03 Tecnova implements a greenhouse refrigeration system in Egypt
- 2017-09-01 Royal treatment for the 'King of the frozen fruits': the strawberry
- 2017-06-07 New monitoring solution for food retailers
- 2017-05-17 "If you don't jump on it quickly, CGMMV can easily get out of hand"