- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “Significantly better results with new Iron fertilizers”
- What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?
- Race to emission-free greenhouse cultivation pushes growers to keep innovating
- BASF’s vegetable seeds and IUNU partner to advance digital phenotyping for hydroponic lettuce
- Infarm to make strategy shift, cuts 500 jobs
Top 5 -last month
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- "You can't grow on water without lights"
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
- Mobile aeroponic system requires less maintenance and guarantees even irrigation
Fresh investment poised to bring innovative device to exporters worldwide
Based in Stockholm, Sweden, MOST has developed a solution for fresh produce and other perishable goods, the MOST Device, which can track both location, temperature, light, humidity and shock during ocean-going maritime shipments and upload stored data at any given opportunity to the GSM-network — and determine the best routes for land transportation in real time.
With four digital sensors plus location tracking, which provide continual online updates, the device is attracting increasing numbers of clients worldwide, including major players in the fresh produce sector, according to CEO Jon Hjertenstein.
This global expansion looks set to be given a significant boost with the recent entry of a group of South Africa-based investors, Knife Capital, which includes Bob Skinstad, a former rugby professional who represented the Springboks in two Rugby World Cups, including as part of the winning side in 2007. Skinstad, who is a part of Knife Capital's London office, has taken a seat on the MOST management board as part of the investment.
In doing so, Skinstad and Knife Capital join Lars Markgren, co-founder of King Digital Entertainment, a British-Swedish game studio that created global gaming sensation Candy Crush, which has been an investor in MOST since 2014.
As Hjertenstein explains, the new round of investment will enable MOST to significantly expand by being able to promote the capabilities of the MOST Device in markets worldwide. One of the first steps towards achieving this will be the recruitment of representatives in markets across Europe, Latin America and North America, as well as southern Africa, with further expansion into Asia to follow at a later date.
For more information:
Jon Hjertenstein, CEO
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-17 Kenya to provide freighters for agri-exports
- 2022-11-14 Angus Soft Fruits now importing berries using reduced-plastic, cushioning punnet to improve quality and recyclability.
- 2022-11-11 "Elastic and non-elastic yarns with ecologically sustainable materials"
- 2022-11-11 "Process automation facilitates the reduction of production costs in citrus warehouses"
- 2022-10-26 'Reefer container rates expected to decrease at a significantly slower pace through 2023'
- 2022-09-22 New cling film is compostable with industrial versatility
- 2022-09-19 Snack tomato packaging wins 'Carton of the Year 2022' award
- 2022-09-13 "Products washed with peroxide have a longer shelf life"
- 2022-08-29 Strauss's leapfrogging in sustainable packaging by ROP for salads and leafy greens
- 2022-08-25 UK: Plant packaging manufacturer is exhibiting at the Four Oaks Trade show
- 2022-08-24 "No doubt robotic harvesters will be common in greenhouses very soon"
- 2022-08-18 Sustainable closure sealing and labelling of fruit and vegetable trays
- 2022-08-12 New application for disinfection of fresh-cut fruits by means ozone in the packaging
- 2022-07-07 New cold storage and research rooms put into operation at Proeftuin Randwijk
- 2022-07-07 Fruit that always has the best taste and bite thanks to All-in-One Spectral Cabinet
- 2022-06-30 50% more plants thanks to new strawberry cultivation system
- 2022-06-01 Proseal pioneers workable alternatives to plastic tray sealing
- 2022-05-27 European retailers called out for not going all-in on curtailing plastic pollution
- 2022-05-27 Is the economy threatening packaging sustainability?
- 2022-05-11 Drivers: the unsung heroes of the horticultural industry