- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- Race to emission-free greenhouse cultivation pushes growers to keep innovating
- The industry responds to Infarm news
- BASF’s vegetable seeds and IUNU partner to advance digital phenotyping for hydroponic lettuce
- Revol Greens partners with Blue Radix to add autonomous growing to US greenhouses
- Tomatoes with a ‘wow’ factor thanks to a finely tuned irrigation strategy
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- "You can't grow on water without lights"
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
NL: New cultivation application QMS Mushrooms
With the application QMS Mushrooms the project executives hope to cultivate a better quality mushroom with less use of energy, water and labour. This application is based on the optimization of all climate factors related to the evaporation. This reduces the risk of quality problems, such as bacterial patches and “scales”, and will also improve the spread in the harvesting phase. This results in higher production of better quality. In addition, staff will be less stressed because peaks in production are avoided, preventing long working days.
The preliminary study Delphy had executed showed that energy consumption of electricity can be reduced as much as 5% by a lower consumption of technical installations such as fans and refrigerators. The gas consumption for heating the cultivation cells can be reduced to about 8%. Not unimportant in this is that the application takes into account changing qualities of raw materials such as compost, the so far unknown factor in the cultivation of mushrooms. The application has been developed as basic self-learning software (AI) by Widget Brain, which uses data as input.
Exporters expect the QMS Mushrooms application to be available to other growers by the end of 2018, but this will be tested extensively. The project has been made possible by contributions from the European Union and the province of North Brabant under POP3, in addition to the investments of the collaborating parties.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-02 Linköping will grow more climate-smart tomatoes
- 2022-12-02 Canada: New growing containers will bring the green to Nipissing
- 2022-12-02 "Greek producers, who also purchase their plants from Spanish nurseries, have reported the same quality issue in strawberry plants as Spanish producers"
- 2022-12-02 Growth of specialty crops highlights need for expanded risk management tools
- 2022-12-01 BASF’s vegetable seeds and IUNU partner to advance digital phenotyping for hydroponic lettuce
- 2022-12-01 Germany: Vanilla, pepper, and vegetables cultivated in new research center
- 2022-11-30 NZ: Sweet scent part of mushroom’s appeal
- 2022-11-30 US (NY): Owners of Rockland farm say town unexpectedly closed one of their greenhouses
- 2022-11-30 Philippines: Young Kapampangan entrepreneur develops hydroponic system
- 2022-11-30 Welsh leek officially protected as it gains UK GI status
- 2022-11-30 Yuma, Arizona region offers up its own challenges for lettuce supplies
- 2022-11-29 Tropicalia Greenhouse in Northern France blends perfectly with surroundings
- 2022-11-29 NZ: Foodbank benefits from university glasshouse
- 2022-11-29 Podcast: space tomatoes and Eu:CROPIS
- 2022-11-29 Asia-Pacific federation for informatin technology in agriculture
- 2022-11-28 US (OH): Food waste being turned into compost for greenhouse
- 2022-11-28 WUR develops apps for 3D image recognition
- 2022-11-28 Fast and reliable measurement of the freshness and shelf life of tomato
- 2022-11-28 Inside the farm growing mushrooms in the Abu Dhabi desert
- 2022-11-24 US (NC): Hydroponic units supply food pantry