- Flower Manager - New Business Development / Kenya
- Regional Sales Manager
- Managing Director, UK
- Teelt Specialist Potplanten
- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “Significantly better results with new Iron fertilizers”
- What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?
- Race to emission-free greenhouse cultivation pushes growers to keep innovating
- BASF’s vegetable seeds and IUNU partner to advance digital phenotyping for hydroponic lettuce
- “Our ToBRFV-resistant variety has been preferred by our producers in wide areas since 2020"
Top 5 -last month
- "Our foliage plants grow bigger, faster, and more efficiently"
- "You can't grow on water without lights"
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- Mobile aeroponic system requires less maintenance and guarantees even irrigation
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
Poland ramps up agricultural trade with Vietnam
One of the aims of this visit was to enhance economic cooperation with Vietnam. Poland hopes to increase Polish export, also in terms of agri-food products. The official Polish delegation consisted i.a. of management representatives from the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education, Ministry of Environment, Ministry of Development, as well as the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
During the visit, Deputy Minister Ewa Lech and Deputy Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development of Vietnam Ha Cong Tuan signed a Memorandum on the Agreement on agricultural cooperation. It was one of the seven documents signed on 28 November 2017 in the presence of the Presidents of Poland and Vietnam.
Deputy Minister Ewa Lech and Deputy Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development of Vietnam Ha Cong Tuan, signing the Agreement between Poland and Vietnam in the area of agriculture in the presence of the Presidents of Poland and Vietnam
Furthermore, the Polish Deputy Minister had a bilateral discussion with the Deputy Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Le Quoc Doanh, regarding the most crucial issues under the Polish-Vietnamese cooperation in the area of agriculture. Ewa Lech expressed the hope for further, fruitful, and even more efficient cooperation between Polish and Vietnamese veterinary and phytosanitary services.
Deputy Minister Lech suggested that in order to further enhance trade, it is possible to take advantage of the National Agricultural Support Centre (KOWR) offer aimed at entrepreneurs from the agri-food industry.
Vietnam stressed the importance of the document signed in the presence of both Presidents, and expressed the hope for further strengthening of mutual relationship through more frequent expert meetings. Ewa Lech presented possible cooperation scenarios between Polish science and research institutions and Vietnamese entities in the area of agriculture.
The Polish Deputy Minister met with media representatives and discussed present bilateral cooperation with Vietnam in the area of agriculture, and introduced possible ways to further enhance these actions.
As part of the economic component of the President of the Republic of Poland’s visit to Vietnam, a Polish-Vietnamese Economic Forum will take place on 30 November 2017 in Ho Chi Minh City. Participants of the Forum include representatives of Polish and Vietnamese businesses, also in the agri-foods industry, representing meat, fruit and vegetable and fisheries industries.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-09 Will the Haskap berry be a buzzword in 2023?
- 2022-12-09 Almeria increased its 32,827 hectares of greenhouses to almost 48,000 hectares by having two cultivation cycles
- 2022-12-09 Text Covenant Energy Transition Greenhouse Horticulture 2022-2030 published
- 2022-12-09 The indoor farm: can NZ adopt a new approach to production?
- 2022-12-08 In 2021, growers with CHP emitted less CO2 than those units extra emissions
- 2022-12-08 Cucumber was Almeria's third most important greenhouse product in the previous campaign
- 2022-12-06 New Zealand Bay of Plenty farmers build housing, increase wages to attract laborers
- 2022-12-06 Mexico: "A lot of unlocked potential and opportunities to grow"
- 2022-12-06 High-tech New Zealand strawberries in pipeline
- 2022-12-06 "A bumper year for Australian agriculture despite flooding"
- 2022-12-06 Dutch Horticulture youth looks to connect around the topic of energy
- 2022-12-06 "The fact that you cannot turn on production of food in an instant has come as news to some"
- 2022-12-05 Canada: Food prices set to rise another 5-7% in 2023 after record inflation year
- 2022-12-05 Morocco doubles fruit exports to $1.5 billion, now 15th largest exporter in world
- 2022-12-05 Tomato producers in India abandon crops due to low prices
- 2022-12-05 "It is important to have a strong and reliable supply chain system"
- 2022-12-05 France: Good demand for leafy vegetables
- 2022-12-05 "The agricultural sector continues to be paid prices that are far from offering them a minimum return"
- 2022-12-05 Lebanese fresh producers prefer to prioritize the local market
- 2022-12-02 What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?