- Managing Director, UK
- Teelt Specialist Potplanten
- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
- New report outlines and quantifies catastrophic loss from the tomato brown rugose fruit virus (ToBRFV)
- Taking lettuce production outside of California
- "We use robotics, machine imaging and AI to automate tomato harvesting"
- "Increasing demand for coco substrate and sustainable cultivation systems with circular fertilizers"
- Indoor grower opens new facility in Kentucky
Top 5 -last week
- “Significantly better results with new Iron fertilizers”
- What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?
- Race to emission-free greenhouse cultivation pushes growers to keep innovating
- BASF’s vegetable seeds and IUNU partner to advance digital phenotyping for hydroponic lettuce
- Infarm to make strategy shift, cuts 500 jobs
Top 5 -last month
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- "You can't grow on water without lights"
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
- Mobile aeroponic system requires less maintenance and guarantees even irrigation
Fluence expands into Europe and starts offering financial solutions
"Speeding up the adoption rate of LED in Europe"
“Kurt and Theoharis bring new capabilities which will help our customers overcome the historical barriers to widespread adoption of LED lighting solutions in the horticulture industry,” said Nick Klase, Co-Founder and CEO of Fluence Bioengineering. “We have spent years developing world-class horticulture lighting solutions, and we are excited to make them more accessible to commercial growers with our investment into financing options and international expansion.”
Davis brings 30 years of professional experience developing financial instruments to help companies solve complex issues and improve financial performance. Building on experience from GE Healthcare, Synopsys, multiple startup companies, and most recently Somerset Capital, Davis will work with Fluence customers to help them secure financing options for Fluence LED lighting solutions and other agriculture equipment needs. Davis holds a Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering from Texas A&M University.
“It is clear the commercial horticulture industry is at a tipping point, moving away from antiquated lighting technologies like HPS to LED solutions as more growers realize the positive impact to their crop growth, the environment and their financial performance,” said Davis. “I look forward to helping as many growers as possible make the transition to Fluence LED solutions with financing options which will help them achieve their business goals.”
Dr. Ouzounis is a plant physiologist with a specialization in light responses to improve plant growth and development in greenhouse and indoor grow facilities. Following his recent Postdoctoral Research Fellowship at Wageningen University in the Netherlands, Dr. Ouzounis will work with European universities, research institutions and commercial growers to drive regional photobiology research and assist growers with their horticulture lighting needs. Dr. Ouzounis holds a Ph.D. in Horticulture, Energy and Environmentally Efficient Technologies from the University of Southern Denmark in collaboration with Aarhus University, a Master of Science in Horticulture from Michigan State University and a Bachelor of Science in Agriculture from Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. Dr. Ouzounis will be based in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
“The future of sustainable crop production resides on the mass adoption of energy-efficient technologies like LED lighting solutions,” said Dr. Ouzounis. “Fluence is the clear leader in horticulture lighting, and I look forward to helping growers transition to LED technology as we enter a new era of controlled environment agriculture which increases crop outputs while reducing resource inputs.”
For more information:
4129 Commercial Center Drive
Austin, TX 78744
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-08 ToBRFV virus: a pragmatic approach
- 2022-12-08 Canada: GoodLeaf Farms receives about $110mln to expand nationally
- 2022-12-08 Circular bioplastics offer solution for climate crisis and growing resource consumption
- 2022-12-08 Acquisition of Penny UK by Power Plastics
- 2022-12-08 Energy screens: work smarter, not harder
- 2022-12-08 Trinity Natural Capital Markets welcomes the development of the UK Soil Carbon Code
- 2022-12-07 Equitable Food Initiative elects new board member
- 2022-12-07 Dutch nursery Globe Plant employs new greenhouse
- 2022-12-07 US (KY): Square Roots opens new indoor farm in Shepherdsville
- 2022-12-07 "We use robotics, machine imaging and AI to automate tomato harvesting"
- 2022-12-07 "The trend is somewhat moving away from cocktail tomatoes in favor of the plainer TOVs"
- 2022-12-07 "Increasing demand for coco substrate and sustainable cultivation systems with circular fertilizers"
- 2022-12-07 US: 'Designed to create larger impacts with less operating costs'
- 2022-12-07 The Veggie team experiments on ISS are part of NASA's effort to provide "Space Plant Biology" of sustainable fresh food production
- 2022-12-07 NZ: Green crops as an alternative nitrogen source
- 2022-12-07 Partnership supports UAE’s national food security strategy to adopt advanced agricultural methods
- 2022-12-07 "Food waste and safety are huge challenges"
- 2022-12-07 Dutch coop commits to science-based climate goals
- 2022-12-07 Greenhouse grower helps provide healthy meals at food bank
- 2022-12-07 Indoor grower opens new facility in Kentucky