- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Financieel Administratief medewerk(st)er
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America
- Senior Product Coordinator Beans
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Medewerker Productmanagement
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Whitefly prevention with liquid nutritional plant enhancer
- Derek Hargreaves ‘A Remarkable Man’
- "The number of high-tech greenhouses in Poland has grown significantly in recent years"
- CAN (ON): “We are moving into the strawberry category as a united front"
- "We can produce up to 2.5 times more from the same acreage"
Top 5 -last month
- "The container is essential to determine the quality of the plant"
- Finland: 11.000m2 hybrid vertical farm constructed near Helsinki
- Here are last year's best read articles: vertical farming, strawberries and sustainable initiatives
- “I have to throw away my crops because of energy prices”
- "In a decade, only a handful of greenhouse companies will survive"
CAN (ON): WeedMD to retrofit 610,000 sq.ft. Perfect Pick greenhouse
This transformational expansion will increase WeedMD’s annual production from 1,200 kg to more than 21,000 kg in the initial 217,800 sq. ft. leased space. The retrofit is fully funded with the company’s current treasury and once fully retrofitted, the 14-acre facility will increase WeedMD’s annual production capacity to more than 50,000 kg.
The facility is located in Strathroy, 30 km west of London, Ontario, and 60 km from WeedMD’s existing licensed facility in Aylmer, Ontario. Health Canada has provided approvals to proceed with the expansion, which will become a second-site license for WeedMD.
“This transformational partnership represents an outstanding opportunity for WeedMD, with the potential to increase our production capabilities more than twelvefold in the first year and the optionality to materially increase our footprint in a risk-free, sustainable way over the long-term – all part of our strategic growth plan,” said Bruce Dawson-Scully, CEO of WeedMD. “We also secure a key shareholder and experienced operator which brings significant greenhouse management knowledge to our leadership team and over 40 years of cultivation expertise. Leveraging Perfect Pick’s strengths to diversify into low cost greenhouse-grown cannabis complements our indoor operations. This positions us for a very significant production increase aimed at supplying the medical market, as well – it becomes our supply chain source for oil production for the seniors’ market. In addition, this production platform optimally positions the Company to supply the emerging adult-use cannabis markets with our first harvest ready for this coming summer.”
“Having the opportunity to participate in the cannabis industry, as both a shareholder and an operator, is very exciting for Perfect Pick,” stated Jerry Zakaria, CEO of Perfect Pick Farms. “Produce cultivation and management has been passed down for three generations in our family and now we have the opportunity to apply that expertise and knowledge towards large-scale cannabis cultivation. WeedMD has demonstrated itself as exceptional and compliant operators in the highly regulated cannabis industry, and we are very excited to partner and work hand in hand with the WeedMD team, by expanding production capacity in a sustainable way to meet future market opportunity and demand.”
For more information:
250 Elm Street
Aylmer, ON. N5H 2M8
T: 1-844-WEEDMD-6 (1-844-933-3636)
F: 1-844-WEEDMD-7 (1-844-933-3637)
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-24 KUBO's Eef ter Laak leaves for Canada
- 2022-01-21 How one farm cured the cold to grow year-round
- 2022-01-21 Dartford Science and Technology College raises funds to build food forest and greenhouse
- 2022-01-21 Antalya municipality donates 6,000 square meters of greenhouse nylon to growers
- 2022-01-20 Floods damage 200 hectares of vegetable greenhouses in Kumluca, Antalya
- 2022-01-20 Seeing green: Frederick-based greenhouse lettuce grower prepares for expansion
- 2022-01-19 India: Mahindra fixes cyclone damaged greenhouse
- 2022-01-14 Building a greenhouse in Central Mexico
- 2022-01-14 NL: Bom Group builds world's tallest greenhouse at Floriade
- 2022-01-13 US (IL): Yorkville being considered for industrial greenhouse
- 2022-01-13 Over 1,000 plastic greenhouses built in Tianjin, China to grow high-end fruit and vegetable
- 2022-01-11 Next-generation greenhouses will be completely solar powered
- 2022-01-10 Rolling out three new farms in the UK
- 2022-01-07 Greenhouse installations promote additional income for agricultural industry in winter
- 2022-01-06 US (OR): Aquaponics and greenhouses to grow produce year-round
- 2022-01-06 The most important green vegetable production base in Tibet grows for the region
- 2022-01-06 Nearly 190 greenhouse complexes under construction in Turkmenistan
- 2022-01-05 Another acquisition for BFG Supply: Greenhouse Megastore acquired
- 2022-01-05 A 90,000-square-meter greenhouse becomes the most advanced greenhouse in China
- 2022-01-04 "We're much more than a greenhouse builder"