- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?
- “Our ToBRFV-resistant variety has been preferred by our producers in wide areas since 2020"
- 2022 Year Overview: 10 stories on greenhouse expansion
- New horticultural lighting technical requirements launched
- "Greek producers, who also purchase their plants from Spanish nurseries, have reported the same quality issue in strawberry plants as Spanish producers"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- "You can't grow on water without lights"
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
EU focuses on growth markets for food and drink
The 2018 work programme was adopted on 15 November 2017, and as in previous years will allow EU funding from the common agricultural policy budget to be used to co-finance promotional campaigns for EU agri-food products.
A total of €179 million will be available for promotion programmes selected for EU co-financing in 2018, compared to €142 million in 2017.
The 2018 work programme continues along the same broad lines as previous promotion programmes, in particular focusing on increasing the number of individual campaigns aimed at non-EU countries with the highest potential of growth. Within the EU itself, the focus is essentially on co-financing campaigns designed to inform consumers about the various EU quality schemes and labels (organic, Protected Designation of Origin -PDO, Protected Geographical Indication - PGI, traditional speciality guaranteed - TSG).
Again as in previous years, a portion of the funding allocated for 2018 promotion campaigns is targeted at particular sectors: this year, the focus will be on promoting sustainable sheep/goat production to try to counter the impact of the ongoing difficulties the market is experiencing. An additional allocation has also been set aside for campaigns designed to promote healthy eating and increase the consumption of fruits and vegetables within the EU, a direct response to the difficulties the fruit and vegetable sector in particular has faced as a result of the Russian embargo.
The calls for proposals for specific campaigns will be published in January 2018. The call is open to a wide range of bodies, such as trade organisations, producer organisations and agri-food groups responsible for promotion activities. So called ‘simple’ programmes can be submitted by one or more organisations from the same EU country; the ‘multi’ programmes come from at least two national organisations from at least two member states, or from one or more European organisations.
Annual work programme 2018, including priorities and budget allocations
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-29 Australia: baby cucumbers launch limited edition football pack to promote as a healthy sporting snack
- 2022-11-08 New blackberry and raspberry launching in 2023
- 2022-10-25 ‘Kawaguchi RZ meets Chinese consumers’ requirements for pink tomatoes’
- 2022-10-21 New snack packaging for tomatoes unveiled
- 2022-10-19 "We have launched a reuseable 4G wireless temperature and humidity location recorder with light sensors"
- 2022-10-18 “Company clothing is part of the operation in terms of hygiene, appearance, and comfort”
- 2022-10-12 Dutch bell pepper grower gets new automated crate processing line
- 2022-10-05 Shock-sensing data logger with food shapes replicate movement of fruit and vegetables during handling and transport
- 2022-10-05 “The impact of visibility on global trade flows is rising”
- 2022-10-04 Narrow strawberry tray saves grower 10% on substrate
- 2022-10-04 “Good tastes like more”
- 2022-10-03 "We have been able to contain the cucumber mosaic virus much better"
- 2022-09-30 Laser microperforated packaging prevents fresh produce waste
- 2022-09-26 Royal Brinkman and Kam’s Growers Supply launch Valent truss support clip
- 2022-09-15 Chopped salad line kit gets three new flavors
- 2022-08-25 Drop peppers: A niche product appreciated for their look and taste
- 2022-08-22 AI pest & disease detection platform to be distributed by Cultivatd
- 2022-08-08 BioTherm improves performance of their finned heating products
- 2022-07-20 Interesting novelty in the green oblong tomato segment
- 2022-07-12 New organic salad kits and blends line debuts in plant-based compostable bags