- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- Family business: growing tomatoes in greenhouses for over 60 years with an eye on innovations
- Passive solar greenhouses: How Ladakh farmers are harvesting crops in winter
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
Kazakhstan wants Jordan to supply fruit and veg in winter
"We view Jordan as a key member of the international community; one playing an important role in the Middle East and the Arab world. In February next year, it will have been 25 years since diplomatic relations were established between Kazakhstan and Jordan, and we meet on the eve of this date. For a quarter of a century, we have developed our relationships in various areas and established a trustful dialogue. This is all due to the warm attitude of King Abdullah to Kazakhstan. As a result of the far-sighted policy of the King of Jordan, the country continues to maintain the status of an oasis of security and stability in the Middle East, and in the future, I think we are ready for the mutually beneficial relations between our states to continue. Most importantly, Kazakhstan considers Jordan and its people a fraternal, close state," said Nursultan Nazarbayev, speaking to the press after the talks in Akorda.
According to him, both countries are currently making efforts to activate trade and investment relations. "The main problem for the development of exports and imports is the high cost of transportation, and therefore it is necessary to improve the transport and logistics channels. Because of this, the volume of trading is not high. During the talks, we talked about this. Now there is a new road Kazakhstan-Turkmenistan-Iran which is helping us improve our relations," said the President.
The head of state outlined a number of priorities in trade and economic cooperation between the two countries. "The biggest one is agriculture. In this area, we have a great potential for development. For example, Kazakhstan can export agricultural products to Jordan, and Jordan can export vegetables and fruits to us in winter and spring through railroads, and so on," stated Nursultan Nazarbayev.
Today we have signed a number of documents," stressed the President of Kazakhstan. It should be noted that during the official visit of the King of Jordan, a cooperation agreement was signed in order to combat terrorism, organised crime and the illicit trafficking of narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances, among other issues.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-28 Zimbabwean growers frustrated by tomatoes being smuggled in
- 2022-11-28 Tomato prices in Uzbekistan have stabilized
- 2022-11-28 UK growers warn of more shortages in supermarkets
- 2022-11-25 Canada: Lettuce shortage causing prices to skyrocket
- 2022-11-25 India: Dutch delegation visits hydroponic farm Nutrifresh
- 2022-11-25 "Food shortages need local discussions"
- 2022-11-25 "The forecasts that producers had in Almeria were inaccurate"
- 2022-11-25 "Next month there could be a shortage of lettuce in the market"
- 2022-11-25 GLOBAL MARKET OVERVIEW TOMATOES
- 2022-11-24 South Africa: Western Cape's first urban rooftop farm launched
- 2022-11-24 "U.S. dollar and Chinese yuan may soon be neck and neck"
- 2022-11-23 Vegetable prices in Egypt up significantly
- 2022-11-23 Morocco becomes 15th largest global fruit exporter
- 2022-11-23 CAN: Food security advocate shines light on greenhouse stigma caused by cucumber farm failure
- 2022-11-23 New EU project wants to develop inclusive data economy for Europe’s food systems
- 2022-11-23 Dutch greenhouse blackout expected to boost prices of exported Spanish vegetables
- 2022-11-22 Dutch grower: "The supermarket determines in which tomato greenhouse the light remains on"
- 2022-11-22 Tomato prices down at NZ supermarkets
- 2022-11-22 Extremadura's tomato production this season has decreased by 30% over the previous year
- 2022-11-22 J&K farmers are increasing revenues through strawberry cultivation