- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Financieel Administratief medewerk(st)er
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America
- Senior Product Coordinator Beans
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Medewerker Productmanagement
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Whitefly prevention with liquid nutritional plant enhancer
- Derek Hargreaves ‘A Remarkable Man’
- "The number of high-tech greenhouses in Poland has grown significantly in recent years"
- CAN (ON): “We are moving into the strawberry category as a united front"
- "We can produce up to 2.5 times more from the same acreage"
Top 5 -last month
- "The container is essential to determine the quality of the plant"
- Finland: 11.000m2 hybrid vertical farm constructed near Helsinki
- Here are last year's best read articles: vertical farming, strawberries and sustainable initiatives
- “I have to throw away my crops because of energy prices”
- "In a decade, only a handful of greenhouse companies will survive"
US: Rodale Institute announces funding to implement farmers markets
The Farmers Market Promotions Program (FMPP) is a community effort to build on local food source economy by developing a market to purchase fresh locally grown and organic produce in urban areas with low income and a high population density.
With Allentown being Pennsylvania’s third largest city with 100,000 people and the surrounding agricultural area being one of the most productive in the country this project will be able to supply fresh fruits and vegetables to these communities that have been lacking these resources. SNAP benefits will be accepted at these future locations thus pushing more availability to low-income communities. Rodale Institute will be working in partnership with Sacred Heart Hospital Allentown, The Allentown YMCA, and Berks County Intermediate Unit Education to benefit these local communities.
While the FMPP primarily focuses on the access to fresh and locally grown/organic produce in low-income areas, it also provides an opportunity to boost revenue to the surrounding farms providing locally grown resources. Mobile Farm Stands will be arriving at the three locations listed in your local community during September of 2020.
For more information:
611 Siegfriedale Road
Kutztown, PA 19530-9320 USA
T: (610) 683-1400
F: (610) 683-8548
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-10-27 Canadian greenhouse grower expands organics program
- 2021-09-27 Organic shoppers demand sustainable packaging
- 2021-09-21 Greenhouse growers present on Organic Produce Summit
- 2021-09-16 The UK horticulture conference created by growers for growers is back!
- 2021-06-03 Booth registration opens for Organic Grower Summit
- 2021-06-01 Pinduoduo embarks on first-of-its-kind study into plant-based meats
- 2021-05-07 Organic pak choi grown in good Dutch soil
- 2021-04-26 The World Food Innovation Awards awards the Monterosa tomato as the best natural and organic product
- 2021-04-23 Strategic organic partnership carries over to upcoming show
- 2021-04-01 "A coherent strategy for organic is essential"
- 2021-03-31 "There are wonderful sustainable initiatives, they are just not organic"
- 2021-03-22 Judge rules: This lettuce can be organic
- 2021-03-08 Regulatory changes expected to restrict smaller companies’ ability to provide beneficial microbes
- 2021-02-01 US: Organic greenhouse tomatoes see increased demand across varieties
- 2021-01-21 Ample organic cauliflower on the market
- 2021-01-11 Both a radish and a root vegetable – the watermelon radish
- 2020-11-09 Eroski develops a new range of organic fruits and vegetables under its own brand
- 2020-11-06 Holiday herb mixes now available
- 2020-10-27 Organic sales in UK record largest rise in more than a decade
- 2020-10-27 India: Organic farming redefines Kashmir agriculture