- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “Here in Türkiye, we heat greenhouses with geothermal water, which is much cheaper than gas”
- "You have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but also know how to work with others"
- Belgian tomato grower raided on suspicion of using prohibited ToBRFV vaccine
- "A month later, we've had to replant up to 27% of the strawberry plants"
- Labor challenges and inflation in the Canadian horti sector
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- Family business: growing tomatoes in greenhouses for over 60 years with an eye on innovations
- Passive solar greenhouses: How Ladakh farmers are harvesting crops in winter
- Grow it forward receives USDA grant and doubles hydroponic capabilities
Re-use your drain water with an ultra filtration unit
How does the unit work?
The drain water is filtered through the Ultra Filtration unit. Once the water is disinfected it can be added to the fertigation unit. The water is ready to re-use and provide nutrients to your crops.
This is an example of a rose grower, but the system can be used in any cultivation.
Lower the use of fertilizers
Another important advantage is that the fertilizers will remain in the water. By measuring the amount of fertilizers left after filtering, it’s possible to add products as desired. This can lead to a financial advantage regarding the use of fertilizers, as they stay available after filtering.
Cost-efficient energy use
Since the working pressure on the membranes is not higher than a few bar, the system won’t require much energy to operate. The basic set up of the Ultra Filtration system has a flow rate between 2 and 3.5 m2 per hour and can be expanded to every desirable flow rate.
For more information:
Hortus Supplies International
1432 JH Aalsmeer
+ 31 297 52 49 19
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-18 3-in-1 sensor to simultaneously monitor soil-based production
- 2022-11-16 “The garage door is one of the most important parts of a passive solar greenhouse”
- 2022-11-16 Even more energy saving possible with energy-efficient fan
- 2022-11-16 Introduction video: see strawberry harvesting robot in action
- 2022-11-14 Grower tries 'V-shape' steering, already sees positive results
- 2022-11-10 Otto: the IPM scouting and yield forecasting greenhouse robot
- 2022-11-09 Building the right facility for the indoor cultivation operation
- 2022-11-08 ProSeal extends automatic case packer range
- 2022-11-01 Cutting produce with water: "the produce stays fresher"
- 2022-10-25 Yield prediction in vine tomatoes: towards one robot for all tomato varieties
- 2022-10-21 SA: Expert warns that cyber threats to smart farming could threaten food security
- 2022-10-18 Stopping condensation droplets from absorbing light and promoting pathogens
- 2022-10-14 The latest innovations for aquaponics and vertical farming
- 2022-10-05 “A million gallons of water that could be recycled or repurposed”
- 2022-09-29 How to solve efficiency in farm processing
- 2022-09-27 "Increasing adoption of ag robots as more growers ‘get it’"
- 2022-09-27 Renting brings crate washing on scale within reach
- 2022-09-27 China's first artificial intelligence 5G agricultural robot comes out
- 2022-09-26 Technology has become the foundation of blueberry cultivation
- 2022-09-23 Guardian Agriculture presents autonomous electric drone sprayer