- VP Growing Operations
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
President Kiska visits Koppert Slovakia
President Kiska was given a tour of the Koppert production facility which annually rears more than a million bumblebees for pollination purposes around the world. Following the tour of the factory during which he spoke to a number of employees, he said he was impressed by the quality and dedication of the work carried out at Koppert Slovakia: ‘This visit was a real experience. I thought it was difficult to surprise me, but today was a real eye-opener.’
Business Unit Manager Pollination and General Manager of Koppert Slovakia, Roland Kreškóci, and Director Operations, René Koppert, were present to welcome the President who was accompanied by the Mayor of Nové Zámky, Otokar Klein, and Deputy Mayor, Lukáš Štefánik. ‘A great deal of expertise and constant innovation goes into rearing our Natupol bumblebee hives as growers have come to depend on them as effective and robust pollinators for both protected and outdoor cultivation worldwide,’ Kreškóci said. ‘The president’s visit to our facility and his personal involvement with the welfare of the country’s workers, has once again reminded us that people, our colleagues, are our greatest asset at Koppert Slovakia.’
The production facility in Slovakia celebrates its 20th anniversary this year – in the same year that the founding company, Koppert Biological Systems, celebrates its jubilee year. In the Netherlands, King Willem-Alexander opened the Experience Centre on the occasion of the company’s 50th anniversary in September.
Known for his philanthropic projects, President Kiska, regularly travels to different parts of the country where he speaks to both workers and employers. Koppert was selected as one of two companies in Nové Zámky.
For more information:
Koppert Biological Systems
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-10-02 Samskip and Boluda Lines join forces to launch new Spain-Ireland-UK Service
- 2023-10-02 UK: House of Lords Horticultural Sector Committee visits Kent-based vertical farm
- 2023-10-02 New greenhouse covers promise to save water, energy, and improve profitability
- 2023-10-02 CAN (ON): The party is on at the inauguration Van der Ende's new office in Kingsville
- 2023-10-02 Gentle handling and weighing of vine tomatoes and grapes
- 2023-09-29 "For growers and retailers, we're an open book"
- 2023-09-29 US (KY): "This farm was sold out as soon as it opened"
- 2023-09-29 BioSafe Systems mourns the loss of Michael Larose
- 2023-09-29 “We empower growers to excel in cost-effective cultivation, ensuring long-term success"
- 2023-09-29 Lebanon needs greenhouses for food safety and security too
- 2023-09-29 Eurofins Food Assurance acquires ARS Probata
- 2023-09-29 Said El Ouakili to join Kubo
- 2023-09-28 CAN: Provincial government investing in infrastructure for vegetable production
- 2023-09-28 “We help companies across continents resolve disputes”
- 2023-09-28 "Product availability is our biggest challenge by far"
- 2023-09-28 "From biocontrol to packaging and everything in between"