- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- Infarm to make strategy shift, cuts 500 jobs
- UV lamps can control strawberry pests
- "We strive to make raspberries an affordable fruit for more customers"
- US (NY): Owners of Rockland farm say town unexpectedly closed one of their greenhouses
- CAN (ALB): Greenhouse moving to new owner, but land still for sale
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- Passive solar greenhouses: How Ladakh farmers are harvesting crops in winter
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
President Kiska visits Koppert Slovakia
President Kiska was given a tour of the Koppert production facility which annually rears more than a million bumblebees for pollination purposes around the world. Following the tour of the factory during which he spoke to a number of employees, he said he was impressed by the quality and dedication of the work carried out at Koppert Slovakia: ‘This visit was a real experience. I thought it was difficult to surprise me, but today was a real eye-opener.’
Business Unit Manager Pollination and General Manager of Koppert Slovakia, Roland Kreškóci, and Director Operations, René Koppert, were present to welcome the President who was accompanied by the Mayor of Nové Zámky, Otokar Klein, and Deputy Mayor, Lukáš Štefánik. ‘A great deal of expertise and constant innovation goes into rearing our Natupol bumblebee hives as growers have come to depend on them as effective and robust pollinators for both protected and outdoor cultivation worldwide,’ Kreškóci said. ‘The president’s visit to our facility and his personal involvement with the welfare of the country’s workers, has once again reminded us that people, our colleagues, are our greatest asset at Koppert Slovakia.’
The production facility in Slovakia celebrates its 20th anniversary this year – in the same year that the founding company, Koppert Biological Systems, celebrates its jubilee year. In the Netherlands, King Willem-Alexander opened the Experience Centre on the occasion of the company’s 50th anniversary in September.
Known for his philanthropic projects, President Kiska, regularly travels to different parts of the country where he speaks to both workers and employers. Koppert was selected as one of two companies in Nové Zámky.
For more information:
Koppert Biological Systems
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-30 Angello Solarelli marketed as a healthy snack
- 2022-11-30 UbiQD launches two new greenhouse film products
- 2022-11-30 CAN (ALB): Greenhouse moving to new owner, but land still for sale
- 2022-11-30 Infarm to make strategy shift, cuts 500 jobs
- 2022-11-30 "We are now in a position to supply German goods for the early Easter business"
- 2022-11-30 Seaweed grower seeks greenhouse: "The hardest part is already on board"
- 2022-11-30 Jamaica: Youth for Excellence to Host Symposia in Grants Pen and Rose Town
- 2022-11-30 Nouryon announces stake in AGEYE technologies
- 2022-11-30 Midstream Lighting completes acquisition of Hyperion Grow
- 2022-11-30 France: dynamic demand for dried herb bouquets
- 2022-11-29 AUSVEG welcomes new directors
- 2022-11-29 Romanian company Microgreens believes in 'micro greenhouses'
- 2022-11-29 J. Huete International builds high-tech greenhouse for seed research in South America
- 2022-11-29 AI-enabled farming to reach 500,000 smallholder farmers in Asia
- 2022-11-29 Dutch geothermal project gets new buyer
- 2022-11-29 Delphy Japan opens new office
- 2022-11-29 NZ: Return of the watermelon
- 2022-11-29 Canada: Lethbridge College researchers to give tour of Brooks greenhouse facility
- 2022-11-29 AUSVEG welcomes new Directors as Victorian vegetable grower Bill Bulmer re-elected as Chair
- 2022-11-29 "Almost no Hoogstraten strawberries until March; after that, there may be a surplus"