- Senior Agronomist/Horticulturist and Agronomy/Horticulture Manager
- Growers & Assistant Growers
- Plant Biologist
- Ripening Officer Bananas / Exotics
- Grower and Nurser
- Farm Manager
- Floriculture Production Planning Manager
- Agricultural Mechanic / Crop Sprayer Operator
- Technical Services Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
- UV light signals program plants to unlock their genetic potential
- Redwire to develop first commercial space greenhouse
- Belarus: Plans to build unique greenhouse complex in Brest Oblast
- How do horticultural crops defend themselves against fungal pathogens?
- Plant molecular geneticists discover, and begin to crack, the epigenetic code
Top 5 -last week
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- New packaging for hydroponic fertilizer launched
- UK: Grower reduces greenhouse temperature by more than 6°C during heatwave with no cooling, fog systems
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- "Kawaguchi tomato variety good option for consumer, but also good for the grower"
Top 5 -last month
Do you know what motivates consumers?
Asking questions to ultimately gain more insight
Do you know which decisions are made at the kitchen table? What are the daily routines and eating habits that form the basis of these decisions? Who is responsible for the shopping list? How are the products rated, that ultimately land on the table? Do they meet the needs and expectations? And will these products be purchased again, during the next shopping trip? The answers to these questions can be obtained in various ways; through an online survey for example or during personal conversations at a trade show or festival.
Shoppers vs consumers; do you know the difference?
In the Prominent blogs, they often talk about shoppers, but consumers also play a crucial role in the sales process. The difference between the two definitions is that shoppers actually purchase products, while consumers also make decisions at the kitchen table; they reflect a broader range of acts and emotions. Therefore, it is important to gain insight in their motives.
More sales through quality control and eye for the consumer
When selling a product, we focus on the unique characteristics of the product and on the expectations and lifestyle of consumers. A sales campaign is successful when these two aspects seamlessly go together. Consumers recognise themselves in the image that is portrayed and are triggered to buy the product. When the product ticks all the boxes – it literally tastes like more – chances are high it will end up in shopping carts more often.
For more information:
Wim van den Berg
+31 (0)6 5756 4346
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-08 BioTherm improves performance of their finned heating products
- 2022-07-20 Interesting novelty in the green oblong tomato segment
- 2022-07-12 New organic salad kits and blends line debuts in plant-based compostable bags
- 2022-07-12 Simple GoMicro device can measure food spoilage
- 2022-07-12 Sharing the appeal of broccoli with the world
- 2022-07-12 New universal automatic measuring device in Italy
- 2022-06-30 New cucumbers taking UK market by storm
- 2022-06-28 Wimbledon strawberries tracked by high-tech sensors
- 2022-06-28 $130 Japanese melon is the "Ferrari of melons"
- 2022-06-28 The age of counting sticky traps will soon be over, thanks to AI and vision systems
- 2022-06-27 “This unique tomato variety is a diamond in the rough”
- 2022-06-23 The Australian digital harvesting solution's yielding has improved productivity from pre-commercial trials
- 2022-06-23 Canadian greens distributor launches new salad kit line
- 2022-06-21 Light Science Technologies launches all-in-one sensorGROW
- 2022-06-20 Tendernay, a wine infused with broccoli
- 2022-06-20 Canadian greenhouse growers win in local and international competitions
- 2022-06-16 New platform for insight in sustainability risks in fresh produce launched
- 2022-06-15 Protecting your HVAC from moisture, corrosion and geckos
- 2022-06-15 France: Les Crudettes presents a new packaging
- 2022-06-08 Eco-friendly sachets extend life of fruit and veg outside refrigerator