- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “Here in Türkiye, we heat greenhouses with geothermal water, which is much cheaper than gas”
- "You have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but also know how to work with others"
- Belgian tomato grower raided on suspicion of using prohibited ToBRFV vaccine
- "A month later, we've had to replant up to 27% of the strawberry plants"
- Labor challenges and inflation in the Canadian horti sector
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- Family business: growing tomatoes in greenhouses for over 60 years with an eye on innovations
- Passive solar greenhouses: How Ladakh farmers are harvesting crops in winter
- Grow it forward receives USDA grant and doubles hydroponic capabilities
October 31, Silsoe
UK: Bio-pesticides application workshop for protected edible growers
A free AMBER event is designed to share with growers the important factors that need to be considered when using biopesticides.
The event will include practical workshops and demonstrations about biopesticide application to help growers improve the performance of biopesticides within their integrated pest management programmes.
Growers will also have the opportunity to hear updates on the AMBER project so far from biopesticide expert Dave Chandler, University of Warwick and spray application expert Clare Butler-Ellis, Silsoe Spray Applications Unit, along with having the opportunity for discussion with other members of the AMBER project team.
Spray application and demonstration for vine crops
Learn more about the fundamental principles around good spray application including nozzle selection, configuration, pressure and volume.
Mixing, agitation and cleaning
Biopesticides are very different to conventional products and as such must be treated in a different way. Find out more about the importance of preparing for an application with biopesticides.
Experiences with biopesticides, Q&A
Find out more from industry experts and the AMBER team about direct experiences from using biopesticides.
Incorporating biopesticodes into your IPM programme
Learn more about how to integrate biopesticides into an IPM programme, and what information you need to obtain in order to make the programme a success.
Click here for more information and to register.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-25 Webinar: Opportunities for horticulture in Algeria and Egypt
- 2022-11-24 Vertical Farming Conference to address all-round CEA topics
- 2022-11-24 Presentations now available online
- 2022-11-24 GrowTech keeps up the momentum during second exhibition day
- 2022-11-24 Dutch horticultural companies made their debut at the CIIE
- 2022-11-23 Third ∑-Grow Inside Seminar on the way
- 2022-11-23 Urban agriculture: controlled environment conference set in Dallas
- 2022-11-23 Looking ahead to the Organic Grower Summit 2022
- 2022-11-23 GrowTech off to a good start
- 2022-11-21 Indiana Horticultural Conference and Expo returns in person for vegetable, fruit growers
- 2022-11-17 China-Netherlands Plant Variety Protection Workshop
- 2022-11-17 Industry 4.0 food factory of the future event at CAFRE
- 2022-11-17 New date change for the NovelFarm trade show
- 2022-11-16 Austria: Innovation award for indoor farming company
- 2022-11-16 Creating value with less: a hot theme at Global Berry Congress 2022
- 2022-11-16 "Focus on the future of horticulture" defining theme of IPM Essen
- 2022-11-14 New trends, innovations, and chain take center stage at Global Berry Congress
- 2022-11-14 NL: Cucumber event keeps audience in suspense
- 2022-11-10 New berry trends at Global Berry Congress 2022
- 2022-11-10 Mexico: Apply now for the 3rd start-up challenge and win a ticket to GreenTech Americas