- Executive Director, Stakeholder Relations & Industry Growth - Canada
- Marketing Manager - Chicago IL
- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Financieel Administratief medewerk(st)er
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America, Argentina, Ecuador, Columbia
- Senior Product Coordinator Beans
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Medewerker Productmanagement
- Sales Manager - Germany
Top 5 -yesterday
- Robotic system for tomato plant lowering
- US (IN): New greenhouses to bring $258M investment, 185 jobs to South Bend
- The 10 hottest chili peppers in the world
- The pink ribbed Cassarosa tomato is awarded the 2022 Flavor of the Year award
- Growers could measure fruit and vegetable vitamin content themselves
Top 5 -last week
- Whitefly prevention with liquid nutritional plant enhancer
- Derek Hargreaves ‘A Remarkable Man’
- "The number of high-tech greenhouses in Poland has grown significantly in recent years"
- CAN (ON): “We are moving into the strawberry category as a united front"
- "We can produce up to 2.5 times more from the same acreage"
Top 5 -last month
- "The container is essential to determine the quality of the plant"
- Finland: 11.000m2 hybrid vertical farm constructed near Helsinki
- Here are last year's best read articles: vertical farming, strawberries and sustainable initiatives
- “I have to throw away my crops because of energy prices”
- "In a decade, only a handful of greenhouse companies will survive"
Netherlands: Agrifood gains access to Brightlands Fund
The expansion is in the form of a separate entity, Brightlands Agrifood Ventures, which will be managed by Chemelot Ventures. The latter was founded in 2014 by the Province of Limburg, DSM, LIOF and Rabobank for entrepreneurs active in chemicals & materials (Brightlands Chemelot Campus) and health (Brightlands Health Campus Maastricht). Now that the Brightlands Campus Greenport Venlo has been launched, the agrifood sector has also been added.
Brightlands Agrifood Ventures will initially total € 17 million, funded by Rabobank Venlo (€ 5 million), Limburg Province (€ 5 million) and LIOF (€ 1 million). The fund management has also contributed. Moreover, the Rijksdienst voor Ondernemende Nederland (RVO) has pledged an amount of € 6 million under the so-called Seedcapital scheme.
Now the parties involved have signed for the expansion of the fund at the Brightlands Campus Greenport Venlo. This expansion also stipulates that the fund will be open to other investors in the coming year.
Twan Beurskens Deputy for Economic Affairs and Knowledge Infrastructure for the Province of Limburg: "Due to the growth of the Brightlands Campus Greenport Venlo it was foreseeable that innovative SMEs would also need venture capital. That’s why the province is also investing in the expansion of this fund."
Chemelot Ventures expects the agrifood fund to invest in eight to ten technology startups in agrifood that have a close link with the Brightlands Campus Greenport Venlo. The fund focuses on innovations in crop protection and optimization, seed improvement, precision agriculture, valorization of agricultural and horticultural waste and healthy nutrition.
Jacques van der Linden, CEO at Rabobank Venlo: "Rabobank Venlo is convinced that this investment will stimulate innovation in the agrifood sector. Furthermore, a great deal of valuable knowledge can be exchanged with Rabobank's investment branch, Rabo Private Equity, which also invests in other Dutch and international agrifood-related funds."
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-26 "It is more challenging to grow in South Korea than in the Netherlands"
- 2022-01-26 US: Lighting partnership to market LED growing lights
- 2022-01-26 The 6th anniversary of the Stefix 135 ground cover floor sweeper
- 2022-01-26 Pandemic workforce modelling tool to help keep produce flowing to retail shelves
- 2022-01-26 Mellantas cucumber nursery continues under new ownership
- 2022-01-26 Switzerland: Vertical farming pilot plant in operation
- 2022-01-26 China: The sun is shining on the Dutch-style greenhouse at Fancun Town industrial town
- 2022-01-26 China: Haisheng modern agricultural intelligent greenhouse project to speed up construction
- 2022-01-26 Ørjan Aukland appointed as new CEO of GreenCap Solutions
- 2022-01-26 Plenty raises another $400 million
- 2022-01-25 Two Australian family brands partner together to celebrate loved Aussie produce in pickled form
- 2022-01-25 US (IN): New greenhouses to bring $258M investment, 185 jobs to South Bend
- 2022-01-25 Swiss crop electrophysiology specialist is a registered B Corporation
- 2022-01-25 The pink ribbed Cassarosa tomato is awarded the 2022 Flavor of the Year award
- 2022-01-25 Calls for proposals to promote European agri-food products launched
- 2022-01-25 "Our facility can be customized based on your needs and type of crop"
- 2022-01-24 Dutch horticulture protests to draw attention to energy crisis
- 2022-01-24 Production of Dutch company's new site's screen cloth begins
- 2022-01-21 Business trends in China's agri-horticultural sector in the coming years
- 2022-01-21 US (NC): Allison Ballantyne appointed new assistant manager with environmental horticulture program