- Senior Grower UK
- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
Canopy Growth expands into Jamaican medical market
Canopy Growth holds 49 per cent of the share capital of Tweed JA, which, with conditional license approvals already in place, has already begun construction of its facility.
"Jamaica represents a world-class cannabis market, and we are fortunate to be working with a highly experienced and knowledgeable local team so we can put the right pieces in place to turn these opportunities into local prosperity and success," said Bruce Linton, Chairman & CEO, Canopy Growth. "Ensuring we have the brands, infrastructure, and the right people in place is our priority. We look forward to contributing to a successful Jamaican cannabis market with the addition of Tweed JA."
In 2015, the Jamaican legislature voted to amend the nation's cannabis laws, which led to the introduction of the Cannabis Licensing Authority (CLA). Since then, the Jamaican government has been developing a framework for the cultivation and sale of medical cannabis, creating new opportunities for locals and visitors alike.
Canopy Growth is confident that the production and formulation model it has built in Canada, combined with the strength of the existing team in Jamaica, made up of experienced entrepreneurs with substantial cannabis cultivation experience, will drive the national conversation around cannabis forward, and promote Jamaica's well-established and renowned ganja, oils and other cannabis products on a global level.
For more information:
1 Hershey Dr.
Smiths Falls, Ontario
1 855 558 9333 x 122
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-08-28 China works to minimize flood impact, ensure vegetable supply
- 2022-08-24 Heart Research Institute looks at ways vegetables could treat strokes
- 2021-12-13 CAN: Companies seek approval for C-19 vaccine, using plants to express proteins needed
- 2020-04-10 Spain approves hiring 80,000 unemployed and immigrants to cover farm shortfall
- 2020-03-31 US (PA): Harrisburg University still running aquaponics lab, donating produce during virus outbreak
- 2019-04-01 HortiDaily starts MMJDaily.com
- 2019-03-25 Aphria shows automation in new video
- 2019-03-06 CEA Advisors forms new division focused on cannabis industry
- 2019-03-05 Denmark: Spectrum Cannabis ready for sale in autumn
- 2019-03-05 CA (BC): Cannabis grower gets permit for growing facility
- 2019-03-01 "I think the Netherlands can become the Champagne region of cannabis"
- 2019-02-27 Belgium takes first step towards legalization of medicinal cannabis cultivation
- 2019-02-25 Canada: 'World's largest indoor organic hemp CBD grower' setting up in Manitoba
- 2019-02-14 Sustainability and the cultivation of quality cannabis
- 2019-02-11 Canopy Growth to inject 30 million CDN in additional capital into Canopy Rivers
- 2019-02-08 US (CA): Cannabis Research Center to explore environmental, social impacts of legalization