SARE’s new Organic Production topic room assists organic producers who are struggling to manage pests, fertility and tillage in compliance with stringent organic standards. Including a wide range of free materials developed by SARE, SARE grant recipients and experts in the field, Organic Production addresses:
- Pest Management: Use pest life cycles and biological factors to influence pest growth and management.
- Whole Systems: Manage your organic operation as an integrated, whole system.
- Seeds: Grow and save your own organic seeds.
- Fertility Management: Optimize fertility using cover crops, manure, crop rotation and organic fertilizers.
- Certification: Understand USDA certification, agencies, regulations and cost.
- ...and more
Note: Organic Production includes some resources containing practices and suggestions that may not align with USDA organic certification requirements. Users should read carefully and always check with their organic certification agency before adopting new practices or using new materials.
For more information: