- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “Here in Türkiye, we heat greenhouses with geothermal water, which is much cheaper than gas”
- "You have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but also know how to work with others"
- Belgian tomato grower raided on suspicion of using prohibited ToBRFV vaccine
- "A month later, we've had to replant up to 27% of the strawberry plants"
- Labor challenges and inflation in the Canadian horti sector
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- Family business: growing tomatoes in greenhouses for over 60 years with an eye on innovations
- Passive solar greenhouses: How Ladakh farmers are harvesting crops in winter
- Grow it forward receives USDA grant and doubles hydroponic capabilities
FAO to G7:
"Agriculture and rural development crucial in responses to conflicts, hunger and migration"
The G7 ministers were informed by the Director-General about FAO's intention, as co-chair - with the International Organization for Migration - in 2018, of the United Nations Global Migration Group (GMG), to emphasize the linkages between agricultural and rural development and migration.
Addressing the G7 ministers, Graziano da Silva cited FAO and the International Food Policy Research Institute's (IFPRI) joint brief which includes five pathways towards durable and sustainable solutions to help to prevent conflicts and address some of the underlying causes of forced migration.
These include the need to support risk and shock responses through resilience by investing in strengthening livelihoods and to foster inclusive and participatory processes on access to and use of natural resources.
"The G7 has helped to sharpen focus on the need to make food systems more sustainable, including through territorial approaches and we welcome the recognition that the role of women and young people is essential for achieving food security," Graziano da Silva said.
On Monday, several of the G7 ministers join a World Food Day ceremony at FAO's headquarters in Rome where Pope Francis delivers the keynote speech. World Food Day 2017's theme is: Change the future of migration. Invest in food security and rural development.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-25 Canada: Lettuce shortage causing prices to skyrocket
- 2022-11-25 India: Dutch delegation visits hydroponic farm Nutrifresh
- 2022-11-25 "Food shortages need local discussions"
- 2022-11-25 "The forecasts that producers had in Almeria were inaccurate"
- 2022-11-25 "Next month there could be a shortage of lettuce in the market"
- 2022-11-25 GLOBAL MARKET OVERVIEW TOMATOES
- 2022-11-24 South Africa: Western Cape's first urban rooftop farm launched
- 2022-11-24 "U.S. dollar and Chinese yuan may soon be neck and neck"
- 2022-11-23 Vegetable prices in Egypt up significantly
- 2022-11-23 Morocco becomes 15th largest global fruit exporter
- 2022-11-23 CAN: Food security advocate shines light on greenhouse stigma caused by cucumber farm failure
- 2022-11-23 New EU project wants to develop inclusive data economy for Europe’s food systems
- 2022-11-23 Dutch greenhouse blackout expected to boost prices of exported Spanish vegetables
- 2022-11-22 Dutch grower: "The supermarket determines in which tomato greenhouse the light remains on"
- 2022-11-22 Tomato prices down at NZ supermarkets
- 2022-11-22 Extremadura's tomato production this season has decreased by 30% over the previous year
- 2022-11-22 J&K farmers are increasing revenues through strawberry cultivation
- 2022-11-22 The drop in ferrous material prices rekindled interest in actinidia umbrella structures
- 2022-11-22 Gascoyne horticulture expansion to grow from water agreement
- 2022-11-21 Peru is once again the main exporter of blueberries