- Flower Manager - New Business Development / Kenya
- Regional Sales Manager
- Managing Director, UK
- Teelt Specialist Potplanten
- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “Significantly better results with new Iron fertilizers”
- What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?
- Race to emission-free greenhouse cultivation pushes growers to keep innovating
- BASF’s vegetable seeds and IUNU partner to advance digital phenotyping for hydroponic lettuce
- “Our ToBRFV-resistant variety has been preferred by our producers in wide areas since 2020"
Top 5 -last month
- "Our foliage plants grow bigger, faster, and more efficiently"
- "You can't grow on water without lights"
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- Mobile aeroponic system requires less maintenance and guarantees even irrigation
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
HM.Clause announces arrival of new CEO
Mr. Bastien’s knowledge about the seed industry, and his leadership acumen, come from a career that spans nearly three decades and includes formational experience that began with marketing, developed into sales management, and culminated with several increasingly prominent roles in executive management.
Mr. Bastien comes to HM.Clause from Limagrain Europe, a business unit of HM.Clause’s parent company that is dedicated to the business of field seeds. There he served as CEO, while also serving as President of the Union Française des Semenciers (UFS) maize section. Preceding that, he was the Regional Director of Europe and Africa for Mérieux Nutrisciences, a company that specializes in food safety and quality. Prior to that, Mr. Bastien held a number of leadership positions for Monsanto, including General Manager of Eastern Europe based in Hungary, Seed Corn Marketing Manager for Europe and Africa based in Switzerland, and Commercial Manager for both Seed and Crop Protection based in France. Prior to joining Monsanto, Mr. Bastien served as Sales Director for Pioneer Seeds in France, and earlier as a marketing manager and product manager in the animal nutrition industry. Mr. Bastien earned an MS in Agricultural Economics from the Institut National Agronomique Paris-Grignon. He is based in Portes-les-Valence, France and will split his time between France and the US headquarters in Davis, California.
HM.Clause is a business unit of Limagrain and part of the company’s Vegetable Seeds division. Founded originally by farmers, Limagrain is guided today by both a farmer board and an executive team who work together to reach consensus on important management decisions. This business model is unique in the industry. It works to bring different perspectives to the table and helps to ensure that the interests of all parties are represented.
Mr. Bastien joins HM.Clause’s Deputy CEO, André Cariou, to complete the executive tandem that is the hallmark of Limagrain’s governance structure. “I see great value in this cooperative approach to governance because it promotes a culture of partnership, which in turn emphasizes collaboration and teamwork throughout the company,” said Bastien.
The mission of HM.Clause is to build trust with farmers throughout the world, providing quality and innovative vegetable seed products that meet their specific, local needs. “I am thrilled to be taking the helm as CEO of HM.Clause, a company that I believe stands out in the competitive landscape as one of the most respected and trusted in the industry,” said Bastien. “I wish to maintain and build upon this reputation as we endeavor to scale up the organization to meet the growing demand for our products worldwide,” he added.
Mr. Bastien believes that by staying true to who they are, HM.Clause can become the preferred vegetable seed company by 2023. For him, the key to this is farmer trust and grower intimacy. “We want to be as close as possible to our customers because proximity increases our ability to react to changing market needs,” he stated.
HM.Clause recently ended FY17 with its third consecutive year of double digit growth in annual revenues.
For more information
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-09 Rooftop Greenhouse Agrotopia wins the World Architecture Festival (WAF) Award 2022
- 2022-12-09 Solis Agrosciences raises growth capital in expanded round
- 2022-12-09 Digital biology meets traditional agriculture to advance plant trait development
- 2022-12-09 Havatec takes over estate and clients from Jamafa
- 2022-12-09 AdeptAg acquires Plantech
- 2022-12-09 Prins USA becomes part of GreenV
- 2022-12-08 Canada: GoodLeaf Farms receives about $110mln to expand nationally
- 2022-12-08 Circular bioplastics offer solution for climate crisis and growing resource consumption
- 2022-12-08 Acquisition of Penny UK by Power Plastics
- 2022-12-08 Energy screens: work smarter, not harder
- 2022-12-08 Trinity Natural Capital Markets welcomes the development of the UK Soil Carbon Code
- 2022-12-08 ToBRFV virus: a pragmatic approach
- 2022-12-07 Equitable Food Initiative elects new board member
- 2022-12-07 US (KY): Square Roots opens new indoor farm in Shepherdsville
- 2022-12-07 "We use robotics, machine imaging and AI to automate tomato harvesting"
- 2022-12-07 "The trend is somewhat moving away from cocktail tomatoes in favor of the plainer TOVs"
- 2022-12-07 "Increasing demand for coco substrate and sustainable cultivation systems with circular fertilizers"
- 2022-12-07 US: 'Designed to create larger impacts with less operating costs'
- 2022-12-07 The Veggie team experiments on ISS are part of NASA's effort to provide "Space Plant Biology" of sustainable fresh food production
- 2022-12-07 NZ: Green crops as an alternative nitrogen source