- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “Here in Türkiye, we heat greenhouses with geothermal water, which is much cheaper than gas”
- "You have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but also know how to work with others"
- Belgian tomato grower raided on suspicion of using prohibited ToBRFV vaccine
- "A month later, we've had to replant up to 27% of the strawberry plants"
- Labor challenges and inflation in the Canadian horti sector
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- Family business: growing tomatoes in greenhouses for over 60 years with an eye on innovations
- Passive solar greenhouses: How Ladakh farmers are harvesting crops in winter
- Grow it forward receives USDA grant and doubles hydroponic capabilities
UK: Update on the RHI consultation
In addition, BEIS have announced their intention that Biomass Combined Heat and Power (CHP) systems will revert to a 20% electricity production threshold to obtain full CHP RHI rate. This is currently set at 10% following a change in late 2016.
At the Wood Heat Association members' meeting on Friday, a BEIS spokesperson confirmed that both the changes to CHP and the eligibility of heat uses will be brought in within the same legislation. He also confirmed that the legislation will be required to follow full parliamentary procedure and therefore requires between 6 and 8 weeks from their announcement to pass into law.
For more information:
024 7669 6512
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-25 Sustainable energy use in horticulture - heating with biomass
- 2022-11-25 "If we continue like this, everyone will get their turn eventually"
- 2022-11-23 NL: Crisis update: Normal temperatures, abnormal gas prices
- 2022-11-21 "Most growers confuse energy saving with transparency"
- 2022-11-17 Full control of the amount of light in the greenhouse
- 2022-11-14 VB signs contract for installation geothermal heat project Maasdijk
- 2022-11-11 35% savings on electricity costs through LED grow light system
- 2022-11-08 Threat to greenhouse crops due to EU energy crisis
- 2022-11-08 Sealed greenhouses: worth the investment?
- 2022-11-07 Crisis update: TTF short-term gas price remains higher than seems logical
- 2022-11-04 UK: Energy bill relief scheme guidance for CHP
- 2022-11-04 NL: High gas price or additional The Hague policy? Which reduces greenhouse horticulture emissions the most?
- 2022-11-04 How to choose an energy-efficient HVAC system
- 2022-11-03 US (MA): Adams' Full Well Farm celebrates 'climate battery' greenhouse
- 2022-10-31 High energy prices are another test for the resilience of EU food producers
- 2022-10-24 "Need for deployment of batteries at large solar generators increasingly urgent"
- 2022-10-19 “In some situations, using artificial lights can be just too expensive”
- 2022-10-18 NL: How vertical farming compares to more established farming systems?
- 2022-10-18 "Closed water systems that reuse drain water help overcome sodium obstacles"
- 2022-10-13 Save time and energy with water-based pipepaint