- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “Significantly better results with new Iron fertilizers”
- What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?
- Race to emission-free greenhouse cultivation pushes growers to keep innovating
- BASF’s vegetable seeds and IUNU partner to advance digital phenotyping for hydroponic lettuce
- Infarm to make strategy shift, cuts 500 jobs
Top 5 -last month
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- "You can't grow on water without lights"
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
- Mobile aeroponic system requires less maintenance and guarantees even irrigation
BLV introduces new LEDs at Seeds meets Technology
"The real innovation comes with the so-called LED formula white 1.2 spectrum, which is even more geared to the needs of the growers and so far it's unique", the company states in a press release.
LED formula red 2.1 spectrum
Purple light has become the visual synonym of efficient LED assimilation lighting. In combination with natural daylight it can increase photosynthesis, biomass and yield. The BLV formula red 2.1 spectrum is very efficient and delivers the highest PAR radiation.
However, purple horticulture lighting masks the natural leaf and petal colour and makes it nearly impossible to select plants according to their morphological traits, identify pests or see signs of malnutrition. Therefore, BLV has developed an additional spectrum: LED formula white 1.2.
The BLV formula white 1.2 spectrum solves the problem of unwanted or irritating masking of natural colours: It has an optimised spectrum combining assimilation lighting with high photosynthesis efficacy and excellent colour rendering. It therefore promotes growth and shows crops almost in the same colours as they would appear in nature.
With a colour temperature of 3500 Kelvin and an excellent colour rendering index (CRI) of 90, BLV sets a new standard that brings out even small differences between colours. This eases the entire process of pest control, monitoring and selection.
Further product information:
The LED luminaires consist of an extremely slim aluminium profile with an integrated LED driver and are available in two different lengths, each of them with or without feed-through wiring. Protection class IP66 and the possible use in environments with up to 95% humidity provide highest suitability for daily use. A remarkably high service life of 100,000 hrs (L80B10) or 50,000 hrs (L90B10) is promising a long-term investment with lowest maintenance cost.
For more information:
Muenchener Strasse 10
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-28 PV shade screens for greenhouses, agrivoltaics
- 2022-11-18 3-in-1 sensor to simultaneously monitor soil-based production
- 2022-11-16 “The garage door is one of the most important parts of a passive solar greenhouse”
- 2022-11-16 Even more energy saving possible with energy-efficient fan
- 2022-11-16 Introduction video: see strawberry harvesting robot in action
- 2022-11-14 Grower tries 'V-shape' steering, already sees positive results
- 2022-11-10 Otto: the IPM scouting and yield forecasting greenhouse robot
- 2022-11-09 Building the right facility for the indoor cultivation operation
- 2022-11-08 ProSeal extends automatic case packer range
- 2022-11-01 Cutting produce with water: "the produce stays fresher"
- 2022-10-25 Yield prediction in vine tomatoes: towards one robot for all tomato varieties
- 2022-10-21 SA: Expert warns that cyber threats to smart farming could threaten food security
- 2022-10-18 Stopping condensation droplets from absorbing light and promoting pathogens
- 2022-10-14 The latest innovations for aquaponics and vertical farming
- 2022-10-05 “A million gallons of water that could be recycled or repurposed”
- 2022-09-29 How to solve efficiency in farm processing
- 2022-09-27 "Increasing adoption of ag robots as more growers ‘get it’"
- 2022-09-27 Renting brings crate washing on scale within reach
- 2022-09-27 China's first artificial intelligence 5G agricultural robot comes out
- 2022-09-26 Technology has become the foundation of blueberry cultivation