- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?
- “Our ToBRFV-resistant variety has been preferred by our producers in wide areas since 2020"
- 2022 Year Overview: 10 stories on greenhouse expansion
- "Greek producers, who also purchase their plants from Spanish nurseries, have reported the same quality issue in strawberry plants as Spanish producers"
- New horticultural lighting technical requirements launched
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- "You can't grow on water without lights"
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
Marsha Bro named Executive General Manager for Kemin Crop Technologies
In this role, Bro will be responsible for growing the Crop Technologies portfolio while driving profitability and market share. Under her leadership and strategic guidance, the Crop Technologies initiative will continue to develop and offer innovative solutions that meet the needs of growers nationwide, while protecting specialty crops and ornamentals.
“Crop Technologies is poised for success under Marsha’s leadership,” said Dr. Chris Nelson, President and CEO of Kemin. “Beyond her vision and business acumen, she has demonstrated success bringing new products to specialty market segments during her time at Kemin.”
Bro started working at Kemin in 2002 and has held finance, business intelligence and marketing roles across the company. In 2011, Bro was integral in launching the company’s Personal Care business with a focus on developing and managing the marketing function. Most recently, she served as a Marketing Director on the corporate marketing team, developing worldwide strategic marketing and digital capabilities. Bro holds a Bachelor’s degree in Finance and a Masters of Business Administration (MBA) from Drake University, Des Moines, Iowa.
“We have an exciting opportunity to leverage our expertise as specialty crop growers and bridge innovative technologies across the vast market segments Kemin serves to create relevant, efficacious and profitable solutions unlike any others available in the horticulture market today,” said Bro.
Throughout 2017, Kemin strategically invested in growing the Crop Technologies team. In April, Brett Cranston was hired as a Sales Manager to work closely with customers to provide tailored solutions that enhance crop performance and profitability; and in June, Emily Fuerst was appointed Director of Research and Development to lead the development of new and innovative crop technology solutions.
As a global nutritional ingredients company, Kemin manufactures more than 500 specialty ingredients for humans and animals in the global feed and food industries, as well as the health, nutrition and beauty markets. Many of the innovative ingredient solutions are sourced from specialty crops, developed in greenhouses and fields through the company’s specialty crop improvement program.
For more information:
Kemin Crop Technologies
1900 Scott Avenue, Des Moines, IA
T: +1 515-559-5479
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-02 Increased plant health and vitality with 44% lab cost reduction
- 2022-12-02 Israeli company developing USD $15M hydroponic project in Guyana
- 2022-12-02 CEO of Betagro PLC is a Guest of Honour at Thailand - LNV Reception 2022
- 2022-12-02 Sanne Kruikemeier and Ingrid de Zwarte receive Early Career Award
- 2022-12-02 BBL acquires Share Logistics Group
- 2022-12-02 Ab van Marrewijk hands over Tomatoworld greenhouse to Nico Ammerlaan
- 2022-12-02 The Dutch software company ALFA PRO joins Total Specific Solutions
- 2022-12-02 Teachers appointed ‘grow smart, eat smart’ ambassadors in Jamaica
- 2022-12-02 Dutch software company ALFA PRO joins Total Specific Solutions
- 2022-12-01 Tomatoes with a ‘wow’ factor thanks to a finely tuned irrigation strategy
- 2022-12-01 Planet Farms to build 15.000m2 farm plus appoints new CEO and President for Italy
- 2022-12-01 Revol Greens partners with Blue Radix to add autonomous growing to US greenhouses
- 2022-12-01 Biotalys establishes scientific advisory committee
- 2022-12-01 Edible Garden to display expanding product lines at 2022 New York Produce Show
- 2022-12-01 The industry responds to Infarm news
- 2022-12-01 "Spanish products are under pressure"
- 2022-12-01 Tomatoes: large supply in the face of low demand
- 2022-12-01 Labor requirements in indoor agriculture
- 2022-12-01 High demand for Egyptian strawberry plants
- 2022-12-01 Dutch tomato grower expands into strawberry cultivation