- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?
- “Our ToBRFV-resistant variety has been preferred by our producers in wide areas since 2020"
- 2022 Year Overview: 10 stories on greenhouse expansion
- "Greek producers, who also purchase their plants from Spanish nurseries, have reported the same quality issue in strawberry plants as Spanish producers"
- New horticultural lighting technical requirements launched
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- "You can't grow on water without lights"
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
Canada: AgScape and 4-H Ontario co-host ag leadership and career event
The October 26, 2017 event at the Mount Forest Sports Complex marks a new partnership between the two organizations to collaborate and share resources and networks to deliver engaging, fact-based information about the agri-food industry to Ontario students.
“There is a natural synergy between 4-H and what we are working towards every day to ensure future consumers are informed and aware of all the opportunities in the agri-food industry,” says AgScape Executive Director Colleen Smith. “Our organizations have been working together for many months to uncover new opportunities to bring ag literacy to more students across the province, and Your Future in Agriculture is the start of a great partnership.”
Your Future in Agriculture is the official launch of 4-H Ontario’s new SHSM Leadership Certificate curriculum specifically designed for SHSM students. AgScape is collaborating to deliver another SHSM component bringing real world, experiential opportunities to explore a variety of agri-food careers. SHSM students from a number of school boards have been invited to participate in the event, with the day split between getting a sample of the 4-H leadership certificate course curriculum and AgScape’s career competition.
Your Future in Agriculture is designed to meet two of the five elements of the SHSM program: sector-recognized certification and experiential learning. Both activities will feature hands-on opportunities to explore aspects of leadership and agriculture industry careers.
“This event is a new way for youth to learn and practice leadership skills in a fun environment”, says 4-H Ontario Executive Director Debra Brown. “Every night, in communities across Ontario, 4-H volunteers run clubs where youth build leadership and life skills. We are pleased to be able to bring this experience to students during a school day.”
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-30 Spanish athlete breaks Guinness World Record by slapping watermelons
- 2022-11-30 Growers, operators and stakeholders unite to address overseas recruitment challenge
- 2022-11-29 BIE General Assembly recognizes Horticultural Expo 2027 Yokohama
- 2022-11-28 Over 400 exhibitors - Amount of visitors at pre-Corona levels
- 2022-11-28 Photo report: GrowTech 2022
- 2022-11-25 Webinar: Opportunities for horticulture in Algeria and Egypt
- 2022-11-24 Vertical Farming Conference to address all-round CEA topics
- 2022-11-24 Presentations now available online
- 2022-11-24 GrowTech keeps up the momentum during second exhibition day
- 2022-11-24 Dutch horticultural companies made their debut at the CIIE
- 2022-11-23 Third ∑-Grow Inside Seminar on the way
- 2022-11-23 Urban agriculture: controlled environment conference set in Dallas
- 2022-11-23 Looking ahead to the Organic Grower Summit 2022
- 2022-11-23 GrowTech off to a good start
- 2022-11-21 Indiana Horticultural Conference and Expo returns in person for vegetable, fruit growers
- 2022-11-17 China-Netherlands Plant Variety Protection Workshop
- 2022-11-17 Industry 4.0 food factory of the future event at CAFRE
- 2022-11-17 New date change for the NovelFarm trade show
- 2022-11-16 Austria: Innovation award for indoor farming company
- 2022-11-16 Creating value with less: a hot theme at Global Berry Congress 2022