- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Financieel Administratief medewerk(st)er
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America, Argentina, Ecuador, Columbia
- Senior Product Coordinator Beans
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Medewerker Productmanagement
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Whitefly prevention with liquid nutritional plant enhancer
- Derek Hargreaves ‘A Remarkable Man’
- "The number of high-tech greenhouses in Poland has grown significantly in recent years"
- CAN (ON): “We are moving into the strawberry category as a united front"
- "We can produce up to 2.5 times more from the same acreage"
Top 5 -last month
- "The container is essential to determine the quality of the plant"
- Finland: 11.000m2 hybrid vertical farm constructed near Helsinki
- Here are last year's best read articles: vertical farming, strawberries and sustainable initiatives
- “I have to throw away my crops because of energy prices”
- "In a decade, only a handful of greenhouse companies will survive"
Spain: Young people prefer carton or wood packaging for fruit & veg
The Manufactures and Distributors’ Association Aecoc has detected, thanks to its recent study “Potential of millennials as shoppers of fruit and vegetables”, that “young people from 18 to 35 years old opt for a sustainable packaging because they consider that they are benefiting the environment”.
Other data extracted from the study are that almost half of millennials “consume local produce and neighborhood grocery stores and traditional markets are gaining prominence”, and that only 13% usually buys fruit and vegetables from online stores.
One of the main conclusions of the study is that “for this generation to increase their fruit and vegetables’ consumption, there should be more presence of healthy products, individual formats, more sustainable packaging and a greater supply of organic products but always taking care of its price”.
Source: Ideal Almería / Agroberichten Buitenland
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-21 Modiform now sells only circular thermoformed pots
- 2022-01-14 "We recommend that companies start thinking ecologically at an early stage"
- 2022-01-07 Packaging station to meet various demands from clients
- 2022-01-06 Australian fruit and veg pallet wrapping solution wins major international awards
- 2022-01-04 ETP® transparent paper film for trays, flowpack and pouches
- 2022-01-03 It's a wrap: French ban on plastic packaging starts
- 2021-12-24 "We hope to let more fruit and vegetable producers see the benefits of smart mobile cold storage"
- 2021-12-24 Growing interest from greenhouse sector for strawberry harvest robot
- 2021-12-24 Beautiful fruit and vegetable displays
- 2021-12-23 Linen yarn, a new material for sustainable packaging
- 2021-12-21 New multifunctional paper tray line and new solution for sealing and labeling
- 2021-12-17 Les Crudettes, Mondi, and IMA scoop French awards for new paper packaging
- 2021-12-15 Ban on plastic packaging: Interfel calls for European and sectoral harmonization
- 2021-12-15 "Custom printable paper trays are in high demand"
- 2021-12-14 Spain banning fruit and vegetables packaged in plastic in 2023
- 2021-12-10 Wooden containers for citrus, pears and soft fruit to help the environment
- 2021-12-08 Cardboard triples the costs of packaging berries in Huelva
- 2021-12-07 Natural chemical might keep fruits and vegetables fresh for longer
- 2021-12-07 Herb packaging presented in 3D
- 2021-12-03 What are the trends in food packaging?