- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “Here in Türkiye, we heat greenhouses with geothermal water, which is much cheaper than gas”
- "You have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but also know how to work with others"
- Belgian tomato grower raided on suspicion of using prohibited ToBRFV vaccine
- "A month later, we've had to replant up to 27% of the strawberry plants"
- Labor challenges and inflation in the Canadian horti sector
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- Family business: growing tomatoes in greenhouses for over 60 years with an eye on innovations
- Passive solar greenhouses: How Ladakh farmers are harvesting crops in winter
- Grow it forward receives USDA grant and doubles hydroponic capabilities
US: Nelson Pade receives 2017 Wisconsin Business Friend of the Environment Award
On behalf of Wisconsin State Senator Luther Olsen of the 14th Senate District, and herself, Wisconsin State Representative Joan Ballweg presented a plaque encasing a Citation By The Legislature to Nelson and Pade, Inc.® The plaque was accepted by Oliver Baysinger, Business Manager of Nelson and Pade, Inc.®
The citation reads:
WHEREAS, Nelson and Pade, Inc. was awarded a 2017 Wisconsin Business Friend of the Environment Award at the Wisconsin Manufacturers and Commerce’s Policy Day conference due to their avid commitment and dedication to environmentally-friendly business practices; and
WHEREAS, Nelson and Pade, Inc. is a leader in the rapidly growing aquaponics industry and have continued to expand their product offerings while keeping in mind their constant support for sustainable and environmentally-conscious products; and
WHEREAS, Nelson and Pade’s innovation and leadership has led to the conception of some of the most efficient and environmentally-conscious aquaponics systems in the market; and
WHEREAS, their innovative Zero Discharge-Extra Production (ZDEP) system reuses nutrient-rich water to grow more plants in addition to reducing water usage and eliminating wastewater; and
WHEREAS, in addition to the ZDEP system, Nelson and Pade developed Non-GMO fish food, which provides a better diet for fish and is a more sustainable product; and
WHEREAS, Nelson and Pade’s commitment to sustainability has created innovative solutions that have changed the food system while providing more nutritious fresh food; now
THEREFORE, State Senator Luther Olsen and State Representative Joan Ballweg, on behalf of the Wisconsin State Legislature, congratulate and commend Nelson and Pade, Inc. for being awarded a 2017 Wisconsin Business Friend of the Environment Award.
Additionally, Representative Ballweg nominated Nelson and Pade, Inc.® for the “Coolest Thing Made In Wisconsin” award, presented by the Wisconsin Manufacturers and Commerce, for our continued engagement in sustainable business and manufacturing processes utilized in our science-based Clear Flow Aquaponic Systems®.
The Nelson and Pade Team truly appreciates the support of Representative Ballweg, Senator Olson and the Wisconsin Legislature.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-18 3-in-1 sensor to simultaneously monitor soil-based production
- 2022-11-16 “The garage door is one of the most important parts of a passive solar greenhouse”
- 2022-11-16 Even more energy saving possible with energy-efficient fan
- 2022-11-16 Introduction video: see strawberry harvesting robot in action
- 2022-11-14 Grower tries 'V-shape' steering, already sees positive results
- 2022-11-10 Otto: the IPM scouting and yield forecasting greenhouse robot
- 2022-11-09 Building the right facility for the indoor cultivation operation
- 2022-11-08 ProSeal extends automatic case packer range
- 2022-11-01 Cutting produce with water: "the produce stays fresher"
- 2022-10-25 Yield prediction in vine tomatoes: towards one robot for all tomato varieties
- 2022-10-21 SA: Expert warns that cyber threats to smart farming could threaten food security
- 2022-10-18 Stopping condensation droplets from absorbing light and promoting pathogens
- 2022-10-14 The latest innovations for aquaponics and vertical farming
- 2022-10-05 “A million gallons of water that could be recycled or repurposed”
- 2022-09-29 How to solve efficiency in farm processing
- 2022-09-27 "Increasing adoption of ag robots as more growers ‘get it’"
- 2022-09-27 Renting brings crate washing on scale within reach
- 2022-09-27 China's first artificial intelligence 5G agricultural robot comes out
- 2022-09-26 Technology has become the foundation of blueberry cultivation
- 2022-09-23 Guardian Agriculture presents autonomous electric drone sprayer