- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- Family business: growing tomatoes in greenhouses for over 60 years with an eye on innovations
- Passive solar greenhouses: How Ladakh farmers are harvesting crops in winter
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
Koppert Cress shares experience with Certhon JSK units
In winter, Koppert Cress warms its greenhouse with warm water that has been stored in underground sources as residual heat. The JSK, a Certhon designed heating and cooling system, can efficiently heat the greenhouse with water of only 40 degrees Celsius. The JSK stands between the crop, sucks from above air, heats it and blows the warm air evenly under the crop into the greenhouse. This results in a completely even air distribution in the department. Together with the concrete floor heating, Koppert Cress’s greenhouse comes to the desired temperature. The heat pump provides extra, high-quality heat when required. No heat boiler is used throughout the process, which reduces energy costs.
In summer, the reverse process takes place. With the water from the cold source, the greenhouse is cooled by means of the JSK. Also, the heat pump provides for any extra cold when needed. An additional advantage is that Koppert Cress can easily and remotely control their various systems.
For more information:
De Poel 1
2681 MB Monster
T: +31(0)174 24 28 19
F: +31(0)174 28 32 52
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-25 Sustainable energy use in horticulture - heating with biomass
- 2022-11-25 "If we continue like this, everyone will get their turn eventually"
- 2022-11-23 NL: Crisis update: Normal temperatures, abnormal gas prices
- 2022-11-21 "Most growers confuse energy saving with transparency"
- 2022-11-17 Full control of the amount of light in the greenhouse
- 2022-11-14 VB signs contract for installation geothermal heat project Maasdijk
- 2022-11-11 35% savings on electricity costs through LED grow light system
- 2022-11-08 Threat to greenhouse crops due to EU energy crisis
- 2022-11-08 Sealed greenhouses: worth the investment?
- 2022-11-07 Crisis update: TTF short-term gas price remains higher than seems logical
- 2022-11-04 UK: Energy bill relief scheme guidance for CHP
- 2022-11-04 NL: High gas price or additional The Hague policy? Which reduces greenhouse horticulture emissions the most?
- 2022-11-04 How to choose an energy-efficient HVAC system
- 2022-11-03 US (MA): Adams' Full Well Farm celebrates 'climate battery' greenhouse
- 2022-10-31 High energy prices are another test for the resilience of EU food producers
- 2022-10-24 "Need for deployment of batteries at large solar generators increasingly urgent"
- 2022-10-19 “In some situations, using artificial lights can be just too expensive”
- 2022-10-18 NL: How vertical farming compares to more established farming systems?
- 2022-10-18 "Closed water systems that reuse drain water help overcome sodium obstacles"
- 2022-10-13 Save time and energy with water-based pipepaint