- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Financieel Administratief medewerk(st)er
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America
- Senior Product Coordinator Beans
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Medewerker Productmanagement
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Whitefly prevention with liquid nutritional plant enhancer
- Derek Hargreaves ‘A Remarkable Man’
- "The number of high-tech greenhouses in Poland has grown significantly in recent years"
- CAN (ON): “We are moving into the strawberry category as a united front"
- "We can produce up to 2.5 times more from the same acreage"
Top 5 -last month
- "The container is essential to determine the quality of the plant"
- Finland: 11.000m2 hybrid vertical farm constructed near Helsinki
- Here are last year's best read articles: vertical farming, strawberries and sustainable initiatives
- “I have to throw away my crops because of energy prices”
- "In a decade, only a handful of greenhouse companies will survive"
US: Prevalence of food insecurity essentially unchanged
Over a third of food insecure households (4.9 percent of U.S. households) experienced very low food security in 2016, meaning that at times the food intake of one or more household members was reduced and their eating patterns were disrupted because the household lacked money and other resources for food. The prevalence of very low food security was also essentially unchanged from 2015, but down from 5.6 percent in 2014.
This chart appears in the ERS report, Household Food Security in the United States in 2016, released September 6, 2017.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-24 Spanish tomato exports to the UK remain at the same level they were before Brexit
- 2022-01-24 Three Turkmen enterprises get permission to supply tomatoes to Russia
- 2022-01-24 "We hope the sprout market will improve once the Belgian measures are eased"
- 2022-01-24 UK: Defra urged to respect levy vote result
- 2022-01-24 "There is no shortage of supply of fresh produce in South Australia"
- 2022-01-21 Moroccan raspberries gained ground on Spanish raspberries in November and December
- 2022-01-21 Germany: Cultivation of greenhouse strawberries on the rise
- 2022-01-21 EU puts a stop to tomato fraud gang
- 2022-01-21 Strategies to manage supply chain issues
- 2022-01-21 Backpacker visa incentives announced as concerns grow over RAT shortage
- 2022-01-21 "The high light levels are producing great quality and good availability which will last for a couple of weeks"
- 2022-01-21 Couple from the Bahamas now focus on yellow pepper farming in Rwanda
- 2022-01-21 Roadmap to strengthen the vegetables sector in Benin, Africa
- 2022-01-21 Netherlands: Organic growers ask for geothermal heat
- 2022-01-21 Desk salads struck by worst inflation in US - Romaine prices up 61%
- 2022-01-20 2021 Indoor agriculture funding review
- 2022-01-20 Australia-Cambodia visa scheme should benefit both sides, but appears to have stalled
- 2022-01-20 Hydroponic farming boosts prospects of sustainable agriculture in Saudi Arabia
- 2022-01-20 Pakistan: tomato price disparities expose supply chain flaws
- 2022-01-20 New UK season of forced rhubarb