- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “Here in Türkiye, we heat greenhouses with geothermal water, which is much cheaper than gas”
- "You have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but also know how to work with others"
- Belgian tomato grower raided on suspicion of using prohibited ToBRFV vaccine
- "A month later, we've had to replant up to 27% of the strawberry plants"
- Labor challenges and inflation in the Canadian horti sector
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- Family business: growing tomatoes in greenhouses for over 60 years with an eye on innovations
- Passive solar greenhouses: How Ladakh farmers are harvesting crops in winter
- Grow it forward receives USDA grant and doubles hydroponic capabilities
Poland, Egypt explore agricultural cooperation
The meeting was devoted to a possibility of developing cooperation in the field of agriculture. Minister Jurgiel asked for supporting the fastest possible finalisation of the procedures related to access of Polish agri-food products to the Egyptian market. Poland presented the potential of the Polish agricultural sector in the context of a possibility of cooperating with Egyptian partners.
Minister Abdel Moneim El Banna stressed the interest of Egypt in developing scientific cooperation. The discussion was attended by the representatives of the Polish scientific institutes, discussing the directions of potential cooperation, first of all, related to modernisation of Egyptian agriculture. Minister Krzysztof Jurgiel referred to the Polish experience in the field of transformation and modernisation of the agri-food sector.
Egypt is one of the major customers of Polish agri-food products in Africa (2nd position after Algeria in 2016). The export value of Polish agri-food products amounted to EUR 112.7 million in 2016.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-25 Canada: Lettuce shortage causing prices to skyrocket
- 2022-11-25 India: Dutch delegation visits hydroponic farm Nutrifresh
- 2022-11-25 "Food shortages need local discussions"
- 2022-11-25 "The forecasts that producers had in Almeria were inaccurate"
- 2022-11-25 "Next month there could be a shortage of lettuce in the market"
- 2022-11-25 GLOBAL MARKET OVERVIEW TOMATOES
- 2022-11-24 South Africa: Western Cape's first urban rooftop farm launched
- 2022-11-24 "U.S. dollar and Chinese yuan may soon be neck and neck"
- 2022-11-23 Vegetable prices in Egypt up significantly
- 2022-11-23 Morocco becomes 15th largest global fruit exporter
- 2022-11-23 CAN: Food security advocate shines light on greenhouse stigma caused by cucumber farm failure
- 2022-11-23 New EU project wants to develop inclusive data economy for Europe’s food systems
- 2022-11-23 Dutch greenhouse blackout expected to boost prices of exported Spanish vegetables
- 2022-11-22 Dutch grower: "The supermarket determines in which tomato greenhouse the light remains on"
- 2022-11-22 Tomato prices down at NZ supermarkets
- 2022-11-22 Extremadura's tomato production this season has decreased by 30% over the previous year
- 2022-11-22 J&K farmers are increasing revenues through strawberry cultivation
- 2022-11-22 The drop in ferrous material prices rekindled interest in actinidia umbrella structures
- 2022-11-22 Gascoyne horticulture expansion to grow from water agreement
- 2022-11-21 Peru is once again the main exporter of blueberries