- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- Coal and pink tomatoes: the challenges for Polish growers
- Healthy seeds, and good germination with Plasma Activated Water seed treatment
- J. Huete International builds high-tech greenhouse for seed research in South America
- NZ: Return of the watermelon
- Tropicalia Greenhouse in Northern France blends perfectly with surroundings
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- Passive solar greenhouses: How Ladakh farmers are harvesting crops in winter
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
US (CA): Future Farm makes progress on Riverside County cultivation facility
Since installation of the extraction equipment at the Huntington Park facility, the team has been scaling up production and dialing in operations using various strains and types of solvents to produce high quality extraction distillates. To date, the team has acquired over 250-lbs of high quality trim material of both THC and distinct CBD strains from various organic producers located in Northern California. All of the acquired trim material is of high quality and fully tested to ensure that it is free of pesticides and microbiological contamination. This week, the team extracted the first CBD batch using organic grape alcohol resulting in a highly pure, potent, and effective medicinal product. This CBD product is suitable for patients seeking therapeutic relief from their symptoms without incurring the “high” associated with THC containing extracts.
The company is working toward completing multiple purchase orders for its whole flower and extracted oil products that are expected to be completed in early September.
The Riverside County cultivation facility is progressing as well and the team will be harvesting during the end of August. The company will be able to use this first harvest to execute a side-by-side comparison of its own LED grow lights versus the standard High Pressure Sodium (HPS) lights. The HPS lights are currently consuming 1000 watts per light whereas the company’s LED Canada grow lights are utilizing 550 watts per light. The company expects to use data from the harvest to better understand the savings potential per kilowatt-hour over the lifecycle of each plant.
“We are eagerly anticipating the harvest data from the cultivation facility and expect to yield in excess of 1.5-lbs per light. In addition, the extraction operations are developing well and we expect to soon provide our investors with revenue production. We have been working closely with potential customers to understand their needs to ensure that we provide them with the high-quality product that they expect. We are adjusting operations real-time to ensure we can provide them with consistent supply for ongoing long-term contracts,” says Mr. John Sweeney, Future Farm’s COO.
For more information:
Future Farm Technologies
342 Compass Circle
North Kingstown RI 02852
T: (617) 834-9467
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-24 Heart Research Institute looks at ways vegetables could treat strokes
- 2021-12-13 CAN: Companies seek approval for C-19 vaccine, using plants to express proteins needed
- 2020-04-10 Spain approves hiring 80,000 unemployed and immigrants to cover farm shortfall
- 2020-03-31 US (PA): Harrisburg University still running aquaponics lab, donating produce during virus outbreak
- 2019-04-01 HortiDaily starts MMJDaily.com
- 2019-03-25 Aphria shows automation in new video
- 2019-03-06 CEA Advisors forms new division focused on cannabis industry
- 2019-03-05 Denmark: Spectrum Cannabis ready for sale in autumn
- 2019-03-05 CA (BC): Cannabis grower gets permit for growing facility
- 2019-03-01 "I think the Netherlands can become the Champagne region of cannabis"
- 2019-02-27 Belgium takes first step towards legalization of medicinal cannabis cultivation
- 2019-02-25 Canada: 'World's largest indoor organic hemp CBD grower' setting up in Manitoba
- 2019-02-14 Sustainability and the cultivation of quality cannabis
- 2019-02-11 Canopy Growth to inject 30 million CDN in additional capital into Canopy Rivers
- 2019-02-08 US (CA): Cannabis Research Center to explore environmental, social impacts of legalization
- 2019-02-08 Humidity in cannabis cultivation
- 2019-02-01 MMJ exports get approval from Israel cabinet
- 2019-01-31 US: Cannabis company files bankruptcy
- 2019-01-28 "Victoria is the medicinal cannabis capital of Australia"
- 2019-01-28 Denmark: TGOD and Knud Jepsen complete cannabis joint ventures