- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?
- “Our ToBRFV-resistant variety has been preferred by our producers in wide areas since 2020"
- 2022 Year Overview: 10 stories on greenhouse expansion
- "Greek producers, who also purchase their plants from Spanish nurseries, have reported the same quality issue in strawberry plants as Spanish producers"
- New horticultural lighting technical requirements launched
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- "You can't grow on water without lights"
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
CAN (QC): MYM receives permit approval to begin construction in Laval
MYM has commenced phase one construction of the Laval production facility which is capable of producing 1000kg of medical cannabis annually. The estimated date of completion for phase one construction will be Q4 of 2017. MYM has engaged ICORE Construction to oversee and execute the construction.
“With the approved permits, architectural drawings and security plans already in place, MYM has commenced construction of the Laval QC project”, said Rob Gietl, CEO of MYM. “We are building within our existing warehouse building which accelerates our construction timeline to approximately 90 days.”.
Phase two of the Laval project will consist of building an additional 16,000 square foot facility for the growing and manufacturing of medical cannabis products which is capable of producing 1800kg of medical cannabis annually. Phase two application permits will be ready for submission within 60 days with a construction completion date of 3rd quarter 2018.
The company also wants to clarify some language that may have led to the conclusion that construction on MYM’s Laval production facility had not yet started. Phase One of the construction began earlier this summer with site preparation and the installation of security cameras and other non-structural items, but MYM was awaiting the granting of building permits to complete the majority of the build-out. The City of Laval has now issued those permits and MYM can complete Phase One. Together with Health Canada’s recent change in regulations that increased the authorized capacity of the facility’s vault by three times, the facility will be capable of producing 1000 kilograms of medical cannabis annually.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-24 Heart Research Institute looks at ways vegetables could treat strokes
- 2021-12-13 CAN: Companies seek approval for C-19 vaccine, using plants to express proteins needed
- 2020-04-10 Spain approves hiring 80,000 unemployed and immigrants to cover farm shortfall
- 2020-03-31 US (PA): Harrisburg University still running aquaponics lab, donating produce during virus outbreak
- 2019-04-01 HortiDaily starts MMJDaily.com
- 2019-03-25 Aphria shows automation in new video
- 2019-03-06 CEA Advisors forms new division focused on cannabis industry
- 2019-03-05 Denmark: Spectrum Cannabis ready for sale in autumn
- 2019-03-05 CA (BC): Cannabis grower gets permit for growing facility
- 2019-03-01 "I think the Netherlands can become the Champagne region of cannabis"
- 2019-02-27 Belgium takes first step towards legalization of medicinal cannabis cultivation
- 2019-02-25 Canada: 'World's largest indoor organic hemp CBD grower' setting up in Manitoba
- 2019-02-14 Sustainability and the cultivation of quality cannabis
- 2019-02-11 Canopy Growth to inject 30 million CDN in additional capital into Canopy Rivers
- 2019-02-08 US (CA): Cannabis Research Center to explore environmental, social impacts of legalization
- 2019-02-08 Humidity in cannabis cultivation
- 2019-02-01 MMJ exports get approval from Israel cabinet
- 2019-01-31 US: Cannabis company files bankruptcy
- 2019-01-28 "Victoria is the medicinal cannabis capital of Australia"
- 2019-01-28 Denmark: TGOD and Knud Jepsen complete cannabis joint ventures