- Quality Assurance System Manager
- Junior Quality Control Technician
- Regional Sales Manager - Root, Switzerland
- Horticulture Specialist - Guelph (Ontario) Canada
- Technical Director - Brussels, Belgium
- Senior Maintenance Engineer - USA East coast greenhouse facility, location negotiable
- Greenhouse Assistant - Abbotsford (BC) Canada
- Technical Service Manager - remote, US based
- Chief agronomic / Head grower
- Senior Growing (Horticulture) Technician - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Urban Crop Solutions teams up with Dutch supermarket
FarmFlex container in front of the headquarters of Ahold Delhaize in Zaandam (The Netherlands).
Already more than a decade ago, Albert Heijn acknowledged the importance of sustainable cultivation methods. At the same time, their supplier for herbs, Tuinderij Bevelander, began to produce chives with hydroponic systems. Nowadays, the customer can still buy these chives produced on water at Albert Heijn. The implementation of this innovative cultivation method is becoming more accessible, due to the increasing technological developments.
UCS' Global Sales Director gives detailed information to the employees inside the FarmFlex container.
UCS develops tailored plant growth installations (PlantFactory), has its own range of standard growth container products (FarmFlex and FarmPro) and has an in-house team of plant biologists which develops plant growth recipes to grow a wide range of crops in these installations. UCS has joined forces with Albert Heijn and Bakker Barendrecht in order to promote this high-tech method of cultivating. A FarmFlex container was strategically placed in front of the headquarters of Ahold Delhaize in Zaandam (the Netherlands) where the past three days employees could visit this mobile indoor vertical farming system. Global Sales Director, Brecht Stubbe and Chief Technical Officer, Dr. Oscar Navarrete were on-site to provide detailed information.
Employees visiting the FarmFlex container placed in front of the headquarters of Ahold Delhaize in Zaandam (The Netherlands).
“The past 3 days were a very intense experience”, explains Brecht Stubbe, responsible for Urban Crop Solutions for this project, “Working together with these well reputed cultivator and retailer group confirms our view that our solutions will definitely be part of the solution to meet with the ambitions of our partners to supply their customers daily with fresh and healthy food.”
For more information:
Urban Crop Solutions
Grote Heerweg 67, 8791 Beveren-Leie (Waregem), Belgium
800 Brickell Avenue 1100 Suite, Miami (FL 33131), USA
+32 56 96 03 06
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-12-22 Common mistake: "The aspects of microclimates are underestimated”
- 2020-12-18 Container farm with carousel systems doubles yield
- 2020-12-14 Join the virtual tour at Plant Factory
- 2020-12-01 We're going vertical!
- 2020-11-24 "In Abu Dhabi, I was told with a big smile that an Arab shouldn’t go hungry”
- 2020-11-24 RotoGro International to raise $1.53M for vertical farming
- 2020-11-20 Singapore’s ’30 by 30′ food security strategy
- 2020-11-20 Social Good Summit: Is vertical and indoor farming the future?
- 2020-11-16 The effects of the Spirulina extract on hydroponics
- 2020-11-13 A couple of showrooms in Europe need to get the ball rolling for Verde Compacto
- 2020-11-11 Tisha Livingston on the Untold Stories of Innovation Podcast
- 2020-11-09 Israeli startup offers modular vertical farming solutions
- 2020-11-09 CA (QC): Year-round vegetables for Inukjuak community
- 2020-11-09 Aponix upgrades 3D-NFT vertical barrels components to ‘Version 3'
- 2020-11-06 Growing crops vertically to feed the growing Indian population
- 2020-11-04 A mobile farm for all climates that supplies communities with fresh local food
- 2020-11-03 Israeli start-up makes vertical farms to grow crops in city parking lots
- 2020-11-03 80 Acres Farms raises funding round led by Barclays
- 2020-11-03 CAN (QC): Hydroponic growing container arrives in Inukjuak
- 2020-11-02 US (MN): Container farm has St. Paul inspectors scratching their heads