- (Junior) Account Manager France
- Installation Support Engineer (Supervisor)
- Teeltspecialisten Engeland
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
- Agriculture Sales engineer France & European zone
- Cultivation specialist / Growers for Amerika
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Wasabi grower discovering new greenhouse crops
- UK strawberry grower uses UV-light robot to keep powdery mildew at bay
- Gotham Greens raises $310M to accelerate national greenhouse expansion
- Drones fly through tomato rows in International Greenhouse Challenge
- Nigerian grower builds greenhouse from scratch
A very unusual New Year's Eve for pepper grower Arjan Bos
Arjan Bos grows bell peppers at his Dutch company Bergplant in Bergschenhoek, but he is also the president of St. Davids Hydroponics in St. Catherines, Ontario. He has been regularly riding his motorbike for 25 years now, and after various races at home and abroad, he was given a place in this ultimate tour.
The countdown to the Dakar is underway. The race is scheduled to start off on January 2, 2017 from Asunción, the capital of Paraguay, and take contestants south toward the Argentinian border. Once in Argentina, the route will head north for Bolivian border. In Bolivia, the race will keep the teams at altitudes of no lower than 3,500 meters as they race north for La Paz, the country's capital, where they will take a day of rest on January 8.
At the beginning of the second half of the race, contestants will head south at 4,000-plus-meter altitudes along the eastern side of the Andes and skirt the Uyuni salt flats before re-entering Argentina. The Fiambalá desert in the western part of Argentina promises to be the highlight of the event.
Finally, after 13 torturous days of racing, contestants will finish in Buenos Aires, Argentina, on January 14, where they are expected to be cheered on by massive crowds at the winners’ ceremony.
Follow Arjan via Facebook.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-09-26 SA: Johannesburg engineer build hop farm on rooftop
- 2022-09-20 Kenya: ‘Vertical garden’ delivers up to 5kg of strawberries a month
- 2022-09-20 UK strawberry grower uses UV-light robot to keep powdery mildew at bay
- 2022-09-16 "Biggest disaster would be bad weather in southern Europe, then we will have empty shelves"
- 2022-09-12 From finance to growing: 1st gen Nigerian grower goes for hydroponics
- 2022-09-09 15-20% drop in production as a cautionary measure
- 2022-09-05 Bringing Senegalese agriculture full circle with organics and aquaculture
- 2022-09-02 Wasabi grower discovering new greenhouse crops
- 2022-09-01 Hydroponics are blossoming in the African slums
- 2022-08-26 Finka San Antonio cuts the ribbon on its 22-hectare greenhouse
- 2022-08-25 Japanese growers use drones to check vegetables from the sky
- 2022-08-25 Flush of organic Heirloom tomatoes is short term
- 2022-08-19 Grower eyes 20ha strawberry expansion to meet skyrocketing demand in Canada
- 2022-08-16 Angelique Chen designs device to simplify small-space farming
- 2022-08-16 Berry farm cluster model from Panama to the globe
- 2022-08-12 US: Larry Ellison is feeding Hawaii from his high-tech hydroponic farm on Lanai
- 2022-08-12 Technology upgrades and a brand refresh for Australian strawberry producer
- 2022-08-12 Special restaurant experience: 3D visualization of the food's journey to your plate
- 2022-08-11 James, Jack and the 13 feet cucumber plant
- 2022-08-10 UK: "Now into its 16th season, this site is still extremely efficient"