- VP Growing Operations
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
Canada: Discovery Organics to distribute Vertical Designs strawberries
Discovery Organics is a local distribution company that specializes in certified organic fresh produce. This is an opportunity to help supply an in demand fruit sustainably and locally. Agriculture innovation and new methods of growing traditional produce is evolving rapidly. Distributors are key to farming success and Discovery Organics is paving the way with progressive relationships with agri-technology companies like Vertical Designs Ltd's and Affinor Growers'.
All strawberries will be grown on Affinor Growers patented vertical farming technology, capable of growing 10 times per square foot more than traditional greenhouse methods. The facility will produce off season strawberries to service a large Canadian wide retail demand. When both phases are complete, this could equate to roughly 300 vertical growth towers and set the goal of becoming one of the largest strawberry producers in Canada, starting in BC.
Amanda Weber comments: "We are very excited to work with Discovery Organics as we believe this will set a very high standard in the market place and will represent top quality and customer service based on their reputation. We look forward to growing the business and working very closely together to service Canada for many certified organic products starting with amazing strawberries."
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-10-26 Singapore: Renewed library now features hydroponics room
- 2021-10-21 Teens for Food Justice program awarded 300k by USDA for hydroponic expansion
- 2021-10-20 Collaboration on 700 m2 pilot farm in China
- 2021-10-20 Tackling climate issues with low-resource consuming growing towers
- 2021-10-19 ‘It’s not as carbon-hungry’: UK’s largest sunlit vertical farm begins harvest
- 2021-10-19 Unmanned vertical farm in China: is this what the future looks like?
- 2021-10-15 "We can focus more on quality and how the product satisfies consumer needs”
- 2021-10-15 UK grower trials aeroponic propagation system
- 2021-10-13 Irish supermarket to sell hydroponic microgreens
- 2021-10-08 China: Why the growth cycle of rice can be split in half
- 2021-10-01 Todd P. Hanna announced as new COO
- 2021-09-22 This "glass tree" vertical farm could solve urban food deserts
- 2021-09-16 Chinese scientists grow rice that yields twice faster in hydroponic experiment
- 2021-09-02 Building facilities across Canada, as well as in Greater London and Copenhagen
- 2021-09-01 US (PA): Mobile lab brings aquaponics closer to society
- 2021-08-26 Fresh herbs from halls and bunkers
- 2021-08-26 "The base of our technology is R&D in product development"
- 2021-08-16 "We reduced the cost of cooling by just cooling the plant roots”
- 2021-07-08 Danish retail is committed to vertical crop products
- 2021-07-08 "Crops from the vertical farm have more flavor and a longer shelf life"