Top 5 -yesterday
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- Greenhouse grower purchases 75-acre greenhouse in Jalisco, Mexico
- "One thing's sure: there will be less lit cultivation next season"
- New type of strawberry harvester introduced to the market
Top 5 -last month
"US: Marapharm to include "vertical plus" farming"
"While farming in a vertical dimension, every cubic inch contributes to the final yield of flower as opposed to the more conventional linear oriented marijuana gardens, which are really taking more of a square foot approach. The difference is that a whole other dimension is being contributed to the total harvest. Effectively the cultivation space increases by several times and of course then the product and profit yields increase significantly. We refer to our vertical farming as 'vertical plus' because while there are minor similarities with conventional vertical farming the system we will use is a remarkable advance in farming," said Linda Sampson, Marapharm CEO.
"In addition to increased yields and quality the vertical plus system saves us a lot of money which otherwise would have been spent on construction. Building plans are being modified to accommodate vertical plus growing for the two 5000' square foot starter buildings and the entire 360,000 square foot building all on the 7 acres owned by Marapharm located in Apex Industrial Park, Las Vegas, Nevada. Construction drawings of the 30,000 square foot building located in Washington State are also being modified and changes will include the deletion of a proposed mezzanine; all mezzanines in all buildings will be eliminated. And there will be no delays in construction or growing with the addition of the vertical plus farming," added Linda Sampson, Marapharm CEO.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-12-13 CAN: Companies seek approval for C-19 vaccine, using plants to express proteins needed
- 2020-04-10 Spain approves hiring 80,000 unemployed and immigrants to cover farm shortfall
- 2020-03-31 US (PA): Harrisburg University still running aquaponics lab, donating produce during virus outbreak
- 2019-04-01 HortiDaily starts MMJDaily.com
- 2019-03-25 Aphria shows automation in new video
- 2019-03-06 CEA Advisors forms new division focused on cannabis industry
- 2019-03-05 Denmark: Spectrum Cannabis ready for sale in autumn
- 2019-03-05 CA (BC): Cannabis grower gets permit for growing facility
- 2019-03-01 "I think the Netherlands can become the Champagne region of cannabis"
- 2019-02-27 Belgium takes first step towards legalization of medicinal cannabis cultivation
- 2019-02-25 Canada: 'World's largest indoor organic hemp CBD grower' setting up in Manitoba
- 2019-02-14 Sustainability and the cultivation of quality cannabis
- 2019-02-11 Canopy Growth to inject 30 million CDN in additional capital into Canopy Rivers
- 2019-02-08 US (CA): Cannabis Research Center to explore environmental, social impacts of legalization
- 2019-02-08 Humidity in cannabis cultivation
- 2019-02-01 MMJ exports get approval from Israel cabinet
- 2019-01-31 US: Cannabis company files bankruptcy
- 2019-01-28 "Victoria is the medicinal cannabis capital of Australia"
- 2019-01-28 Denmark: TGOD and Knud Jepsen complete cannabis joint ventures
- 2019-01-25 Large scale cannabis cultivation in Odense, Denmark