- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
- Country Manager – Spain
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “Black growbags could benefit vegetable crops as well”
- Latvia: First greenhouse to grow cucumbers under LEDs uses landfill waste to produce energy
- "Moisture is the big danger in the next two months"
- US (OH): 80 Acres Farms makes layoffs as tech job crunch continues
- "Even light intensity at every spot in the greenhouse"
Top 5 -last month
- How farmers are cutting out supermarkets
- Higher light transmission and lower heat demand with double foil greenhouse
- Combining vertical farming and greenhouse horticulture to decentralize lettuce production
- 30MHz declared bankrupt, curator 'optimistic about restart'
- Fresh produce chain hit by Lakeside Produce’s bankruptcy
Rijk Zwaan to open Retail Center in Berlin
Over recent years, Rijk Zwaan has gained substantial knowledge and experience about food retailers’ fresh produce departments and key factors in the success or failure of product introductions or consumer acceptance. This forms the basis for the Rijk Zwaan Retail Center, which is located in the heart of Berlin, Germany. Although the official opening is not until 3 April 2017, Rijk Zwaan’s international retail partners will have the chance for a sneak preview in the form of a personal tour during Fruit Logistica.
Extended shelf life
Last week, Fruit Logistica organisers announced that Knox is one of the 10 nominees for the event’s annual Innovation Award. The jury praises Rijk Zwaan’s effective response to a long-standing desire of convenience companies. Knox is the first natural solution for delaying pinking in fresh cut lettuce. Current feedback from the market indicates that Knox will be a standard trait for the whole fresh cut market.
“We are happy and proud to be nominated for this prestigious award,” says Manager Marketing & Business Development Jan Doldersum of Rijk Zwaan. “Knox extends shelf life, decreases wastage, drives sales and improves consumer satisfaction in fresh cut salads. We see it as a great example of how we can offer solutions to the international produce sector.”
With the opening of the new Retail Center, Rijk Zwaan will further intensify its specific focus on retail, says Doldersum: “In line with our local demo’s and international customer events like the Leafy Event, the Retail Center underlines our ambition to continuously improve our services for all customers.”
Fruit Logistica will take place from 8-10 February 2017 at the Messe Berlin fairgrounds. Rijk Zwaan will be exhibiting in Hall 1.2 at stand A-14. The winner of the Innovation Award will be announced on the last day of the exhibition.
For more information:
Burgemeester Crezéelaan 40
2678 KX De Lier
T +31 174 532 300
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-23 "In today's inflationary environment, choice of horticultural twine is an investment decision"
- 2022-12-16 Air bubble film to boost yields and protect greenhouses from the elements
- 2022-11-29 Australia: baby cucumbers launch limited edition football pack to promote as a healthy sporting snack
- 2022-11-08 New blackberry and raspberry launching in 2023
- 2022-10-25 ‘Kawaguchi RZ meets Chinese consumers’ requirements for pink tomatoes’
- 2022-10-21 New snack packaging for tomatoes unveiled
- 2022-10-19 "We have launched a reuseable 4G wireless temperature and humidity location recorder with light sensors"
- 2022-10-18 “Company clothing is part of the operation in terms of hygiene, appearance, and comfort”
- 2022-10-12 Dutch bell pepper grower gets new automated crate processing line
- 2022-10-05 Shock-sensing data logger with food shapes replicate movement of fruit and vegetables during handling and transport
- 2022-10-05 “The impact of visibility on global trade flows is rising”
- 2022-10-04 “Good tastes like more”
- 2022-10-04 Narrow strawberry tray saves grower 10% on substrate
- 2022-10-03 "We have been able to contain the cucumber mosaic virus much better"
- 2022-09-30 Laser microperforated packaging prevents fresh produce waste
- 2022-09-26 Royal Brinkman and Kam’s Growers Supply launch Valent truss support clip
- 2022-09-15 Chopped salad line kit gets three new flavors
- 2022-08-25 Drop peppers: A niche product appreciated for their look and taste
- 2022-08-22 AI pest & disease detection platform to be distributed by Cultivatd
- 2022-08-08 BioTherm improves performance of their finned heating products