- Senior Commercial Manager (Sales and Procurement)
- Packing Supervisor
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- How farmers are cutting out supermarkets
- Combining vertical farming and greenhouse horticulture to decentralize lettuce production
- Mexico: Rising Farms boosts capacity fivefold
- Higher light transmission and lower heat demand with double foil greenhouse
- Fresh produce chain hit by Lakeside Produce’s bankruptcy
These are the Fruit Logistica Innovation Award nominees
"The Fruit Logistica Innovation Award is considered the industry's most important award. It attracts considerable media attention and recognizes new products and services whose market launch in recent months will give important impetus to the international fresh produce trade", says Fruit Logistica Global Brand Manager Wilfried Wollbold.
The special feature of the Fruit Logistica Innovation Award is that it is selected by the more than 70,000 high-profile trade visitors from over 130 countries attending the exhibition. They will be able to cast their vote for the innovation of the year on the first two days of the trade fair.
A panel of experts consisting of representatives from all levels of the fresh produce trade has selected the following ten nominees from over 60 submissions:
"BE-Cube Demountable Pallet Box System", Beekenkamp Verpakkingen B.V., Netherlands
A flexible, space-saving multi-purpose pallet box system which is both lightweight and completely collapsible, available with tilting and base emptying functions.
"Crisp Fresh Watermelon", Syngenta, France
A seedless watermelon cultivated specially for fresh-cut processing with firm, dark red fruit pulp, reduced liquid loss and extended shelf life.
"Knox ™ - Delayed pinking in fresh cut lettuce", Rijk Zwaan Zaadteelt en Zaadhandel BV, Netherlands
A specially developed natural solution to delay so-called “pinking” in cut lettuce, extending shelf life at POS by one or two days.
"Mango Peeler & De-Cheeker", ZTI Smart Machines, Netherlands
A mango peeling and de-cheeking machine with dynamic insert clamps, specially developed spikes and fine, adjustable peeling knives for an exact, product friendly cutting process.
"Natupol Excel - Bee Vision", Koppert Biological Systems, Netherlands
A specially developed beehive to optimise pollination in the greenhouse under artificial lighting. It has integrated navigation aids for the bees using reflective signals and a special coating.
"SoFruBox® System", SoFruPak, Poland
A new environmentally friendly packaging system with bottomless trays and compatible individually vented SoFruMiniPak® containers to optimize cooling and ventilation.
"Streamer Automatic Spiralizer", Turatti srl, Italy
A spiral cutting machine for the high volume handling of vegetables to produce pasta-like shapes such as spaghetti, tagliatelle, rings and even gnocchi-like cores.
"Sustainable Grow Bag for Tasty Tomatoes", Greenyard Horticulture Belgium, Belgium
A fully compostable growbag filled with 100% organic substrate for the cultivation of greenhouse vegetables such as tomatoes and other products.
"The Cracking Monkey - Pili Nuts", Die Frischebox GmbH, Germany
A pre-germinated nut from the Philippines with high levels of Vitamin E, pre-scored for easy opening with the special stainless steel cracker and sold in environmentally friendly cotton bags.
"Yello® – The Color of Taste", VI.P/VOG, Italy
A sweet and crunchy yellow apple variety of Shinano Gold, a Japanese cross between Golden Delicious and Senshu.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-02-06 France: National Strawberry Day returns to CTIFL on February 22
- 2023-02-06 US: Green Career Week coming up
- 2023-02-02 NL: Trade mission agriculture and water Mexico
- 2023-02-02 HortiFlora Expo comes back after four years of absence
- 2023-01-30 Picture time! Recap of IPM 2023
- 2023-01-30 IFPA opens nominations for 2023 Produce Excellence in Foodservice Awards program
- 2023-01-30 Randy Riley to present at 62nd American Seed Trade Association: Vegetable and Flower Seed Conference
- 2023-01-27 Dutch ambitions to make the international fresh food chain more sustainable
- 2023-01-27 IPM comes to an end
- 2023-01-27 CEA Alliance hosts first Washington, DC fly-in
- 2023-01-25 US (CA): CDFA offers mental health resources web page for farmers and farmworkers
- 2023-01-25 Sneak peek: what's happening at IPM Essen?
- 2023-01-24 Spain: Addressing new market demands at the Winter Open Field Days 2023 in Cartagena
- 2023-01-24 Positive vibes on the first day of IPM '23
- 2023-01-23 NL: Postharvest Unlimited Conference & Postharvest Ornamentals Symposium to take place simultaneously
- 2023-01-23 Photo report: Sival 2023
- 2023-01-23 International business meetings with buyers of large-scale retailers – Bergamo, Italy
- 2023-01-20 Sival comes to an end
- 2023-01-18 Rijk Zwaan’s Winter Leafy Hydroponics Demo is coming up
- 2023-01-17 Registrations open for North American Strawberry Symposium