- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
- Business Developer – High Tech Horticulture
- Operations Manager Organic Farm Barka Oman
Top 5 -yesterday
- "At the end of the day, everyone has to pay a higher price for the gas”
- Abu Dhabi: $84m contract for building two hydroponic farms
- Oishii opens new product segment by introducing $20 berries
- Researchers develop new plant wearable device to monitor water stress in crops
- Australia: Using BioClay technology to protect plants against whitefly
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "Honduras greenhouse park to become the largest producer-exporter in the Central American region"
- Netherlands: Codema Systems Group declared bankrupt
- Shanghai: Young people who can't get vegetables start to "help themselves" through hydroponic vegetables
- Canada: Dutch holding company acquires Ontario Plants Propagation
- Google meets agriculture at Go Green Agriculture
These are the Fruit Logistica Innovation Award nominees
"The Fruit Logistica Innovation Award is considered the industry's most important award. It attracts considerable media attention and recognizes new products and services whose market launch in recent months will give important impetus to the international fresh produce trade", says Fruit Logistica Global Brand Manager Wilfried Wollbold.
The special feature of the Fruit Logistica Innovation Award is that it is selected by the more than 70,000 high-profile trade visitors from over 130 countries attending the exhibition. They will be able to cast their vote for the innovation of the year on the first two days of the trade fair.
A panel of experts consisting of representatives from all levels of the fresh produce trade has selected the following ten nominees from over 60 submissions:
"BE-Cube Demountable Pallet Box System", Beekenkamp Verpakkingen B.V., Netherlands
A flexible, space-saving multi-purpose pallet box system which is both lightweight and completely collapsible, available with tilting and base emptying functions.
"Crisp Fresh Watermelon", Syngenta, France
A seedless watermelon cultivated specially for fresh-cut processing with firm, dark red fruit pulp, reduced liquid loss and extended shelf life.
"Knox ™ - Delayed pinking in fresh cut lettuce", Rijk Zwaan Zaadteelt en Zaadhandel BV, Netherlands
A specially developed natural solution to delay so-called “pinking” in cut lettuce, extending shelf life at POS by one or two days.
"Mango Peeler & De-Cheeker", ZTI Smart Machines, Netherlands
A mango peeling and de-cheeking machine with dynamic insert clamps, specially developed spikes and fine, adjustable peeling knives for an exact, product friendly cutting process.
"Natupol Excel - Bee Vision", Koppert Biological Systems, Netherlands
A specially developed beehive to optimise pollination in the greenhouse under artificial lighting. It has integrated navigation aids for the bees using reflective signals and a special coating.
"SoFruBox® System", SoFruPak, Poland
A new environmentally friendly packaging system with bottomless trays and compatible individually vented SoFruMiniPak® containers to optimize cooling and ventilation.
"Streamer Automatic Spiralizer", Turatti srl, Italy
A spiral cutting machine for the high volume handling of vegetables to produce pasta-like shapes such as spaghetti, tagliatelle, rings and even gnocchi-like cores.
"Sustainable Grow Bag for Tasty Tomatoes", Greenyard Horticulture Belgium, Belgium
A fully compostable growbag filled with 100% organic substrate for the cultivation of greenhouse vegetables such as tomatoes and other products.
"The Cracking Monkey - Pili Nuts", Die Frischebox GmbH, Germany
A pre-germinated nut from the Philippines with high levels of Vitamin E, pre-scored for easy opening with the special stainless steel cracker and sold in environmentally friendly cotton bags.
"Yello® – The Color of Taste", VI.P/VOG, Italy
A sweet and crunchy yellow apple variety of Shinano Gold, a Japanese cross between Golden Delicious and Senshu.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-19 Horticulture exhibition fair took place in west Ukraine
- 2022-05-17 Photo report HortiContact: Catching up in over 300 photos
- 2022-05-13 Protected Cropping Australia Conference a success despite heavy rains
- 2022-05-13 US: Horticulture lighting and learning event
- 2022-05-13 Indian delegation visits Volcani Institute of Israeli Ministry of Agriculture
- 2022-05-12 Difficult times bring new challenges to Dutch growers
- 2022-05-12 Hort Science Live to return in July
- 2022-05-12 Hort Connections 2022: Growing Together
- 2022-05-10 The fruit and vegetable sector restarts with in-person meetings
- 2022-05-10 Macfrut 2022: opinions and reflections expressed by some of the participants
- 2022-05-09 International events bring the Plant Empowerment principles to growers around the world
- 2022-05-05 Caspian Agro and InterFood Azerbaijan open their doors on May 18
- 2022-05-05 University of Florida 2022 Greenhouse Training Online courses
- 2022-05-05 "The Future of Farming and Food Processing – AI in Food- and Farm Automation"
- 2022-05-03 AMHPAC will hold its XIV annual convention
- 2022-05-02 Picture time: Technical suppliers find their way to GreenTech Americas
- 2022-05-02 Canadian Greenhouse Conference returns as in-person event
- 2022-05-02 IFPA Fresh Field Catalyst names winners
- 2022-05-02 Highlight NL horticulture in Horti Asia 2022 at Bangkok
- 2022-05-02 Ontario Fruit & Vegetable Convention elects new president and vice president