- Head of Sales
- Medewerker Productmanagement
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
- International Business Developer Indoor Farming
- Sales & Product Development Coordinator - Thornlands (QLD) Australia
- Sales Person
Top 5 -yesterday
- "I did not want to give up on my independence"
- "The number of high-tech greenhouses in Poland has grown significantly in recent years"
- "Year-round snack cucumbers thanks to an optimal LED light recipe"
- CAN: Growers cry foul as health unit halts inflow of temporary foreign workers
- Upcoming Webinar – Priva's BioLogics for Plant Growth
Top 5 -last week
- "The container is essential to determine the quality of the plant"
- Investor Victus Participations passes the baton to Atrium Agri
- "Our strategy is focused on tackling the biggest social and environmental challenges"
- "Setting up this dragon fruit greenhouse was a dream come true"
- “Since we can see the whole life cycle of the greenhouse, we can think about it holistically"
Top 5 -last month
- Finland: 11.000m2 hybrid vertical farm constructed near Helsinki
- Here are last year's best read articles: vertical farming, strawberries and sustainable initiatives
- "The container is essential to determine the quality of the plant"
- “I have to throw away my crops because of energy prices”
- "Retractable roof greenhouse ideal for tropical climates"
US (MD): Arcturus announces 25,000 sq. ft. vertical farming project
Volunteers of America Chesapeake ("VOAC"), one of the largest and most respected nonprofits in the region, owns a building in Baltimore, MD that will undergo additional improvements to accommodate Arcturus' Controlled Environment Agriculture ("CEA") technology, which uses LED lights to grow plants on vertically stacked levels. As a partner in this indoor farm, VOAC has agreed to contribute generous rent concessions to Arcturus. The farm will be co-located in a residential reentry center, which helps ex-offenders reenter society and the workforce after serving federal prison sentences. The farm will provide job training and therapeutic opportunities for VOAC's residents. Arcturus, CBO and VOAC intend to use this Baltimore model to expand the Company's CEA technology and training and therapeutic programs developed by VOAC into other markets throughout the United States.
Arcturus previously announced that CBO would act as the Company's financial advisor with respect to New Market Tax Credits (NMTC) for certain vertical farming projects. As part of this Baltimore farm transaction, CBO Financial will be arranging for $5,000,000 in NMTC based financing. CBO will also plan, co-finance, and perform day-to-day operations at the farm, and Arcturus will provide the system design, off-take agreements, co-finance, and offer ongoing O&M support. The Baltimore Farm is expected to be a showcase for Arcturus' LED horticulture lighting technology and the first of many projects that CBO and the Company will work on together in collaboration with Volunteers of America Chesapeake.
The NMTC program is a $65 billion federal program designed to incentivize private investment in low-income communities. NMTCs are provided to financial institutions in exchange for equity investments that eligible businesses can use to subsidize project development costs. CBO Financial helps driven organizations, such as Arcturus, to finance facilities that will provide goods and services that benefit populations in need and revitalize communities.
"We are pleased to have partnered with CBO Financial and Volunteers of America Chesapeake on this project and believe that its success will be a bellwether for public private partnerships within the urban farming industry," says Mr. William Gildea, Arcturus Growthstar Technologies Inc.'s CEO and Chairman. "With Volunteers of America Chesapeake's diversified real estate holdings, CBO Financial's experience in community development and expertise in navigating the NMTC process and Arcturus's CEA technology, this is a perfect partnership. Our goal was always to create impactful social and corporate programs that are mutually beneficial for all involved, from the community, to the company and our shareholders. Partnering with Volunteers of America Chesapeake and CBO Financial puts us in the position to achieve that goal. We hope this is the first of many joint-projects for our companies."
"We are delighted to be involved with this project, which produces fresh food and quality jobs in a low income community and provides job training and therapy opportunities for VOAC residents. We expect this to be a prototype for future, profitable commercial scale projects that include social service oriented job training and therapeutic programs," says Craig Stanley, CEO of CBO Financial.
"Volunteers of America Chesapeake has been supporting and providing resources for the ex-offender community for over 35 years in Baltimore, Maryland," says Russell Snyder, CEO of VOAC. "We are committed to help the residents of our residential reentry center gain job skills and employment opportunities through social enterprise opportunities like vertical farming and we are pleased to partner with Arcturus and CBO Financial in this innovative project."
For more information:
Arcturus Growthstar Technologies
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-10-26 Singapore: Renewed library now features hydroponics room
- 2021-10-21 Teens for Food Justice program awarded 300k by USDA for hydroponic expansion
- 2021-10-20 Tackling climate issues with low-resource consuming growing towers
- 2021-10-20 Collaboration on 700 m2 pilot farm in China
- 2021-10-19 ‘It’s not as carbon-hungry’: UK’s largest sunlit vertical farm begins harvest
- 2021-10-19 Unmanned vertical farm in China: is this what the future looks like?
- 2021-10-15 "We can focus more on quality and how the product satisfies consumer needs”
- 2021-10-15 UK grower trials aeroponic propagation system
- 2021-10-13 Irish supermarket to sell hydroponic microgreens
- 2021-10-08 China: Why the growth cycle of rice can be split in half
- 2021-10-01 Todd P. Hanna announced as new COO
- 2021-09-22 This "glass tree" vertical farm could solve urban food deserts
- 2021-09-16 Chinese scientists grow rice that yields twice faster in hydroponic experiment
- 2021-09-02 Building facilities across Canada, as well as in Greater London and Copenhagen
- 2021-09-01 US (PA): Mobile lab brings aquaponics closer to society
- 2021-08-26 Fresh herbs from halls and bunkers
- 2021-08-26 "The base of our technology is R&D in product development"
- 2021-08-16 "We reduced the cost of cooling by just cooling the plant roots”
- 2021-07-08 "Crops from the vertical farm have more flavor and a longer shelf life"
- 2021-07-08 Danish retail is committed to vertical crop products