- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
- Business Developer – High Tech Horticulture
- Operations Manager Organic Farm Barka Oman
Top 5 -yesterday
- "At the end of the day, everyone has to pay a higher price for the gas”
- Abu Dhabi: $84m contract for building two hydroponic farms
- Oishii opens new product segment by introducing $20 berries
- Australia: Using BioClay technology to protect plants against whitefly
- Young Indian growers look forward to technical tools
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "Honduras greenhouse park to become the largest producer-exporter in the Central American region"
- Netherlands: Codema Systems Group declared bankrupt
- Shanghai: Young people who can't get vegetables start to "help themselves" through hydroponic vegetables
- Canada: Dutch holding company acquires Ontario Plants Propagation
- Google meets agriculture at Go Green Agriculture
Prominent Shopper Model
"Focus on the small moments of happiness"
More channels, more information
Today’s consumers are well informed about products and special offers; they often know what they want to buy. Through social media, various types of magazines and cooking shows on television, they receive expert information and become inspired chefs. Instead of just following the herd, modern consumers want to express themselves through their shopping and cooking.
Fixed target groups vs individual shoppers
Previously, consumers were placed in distinctive target groups. Nowadays, consumers rapidly change from one group to the next, driven by external factors such a certain time, occasion and company. A mother of three can be a savvy shopper focused on family groceries one day, grab a quick snack before heading to her gym class the next, and spend a small fortune on an elaborate dinner for friends the day after.
"It’s good to know you!"
To really makes a difference, we need to start understanding consumers on an individual level, according to Prominent. Next to focusing on main events like Christmas and New Year’s Eve or a health-conscious start of 2017, we need to gain insight in our consumers’ personal situation. Did they recently welcome a baby, buy a new house or change jobs, for example? Such life changing events will influence their needs, budget and shopping pattern.
Small moments of happiness
How can we keep inspiring our consumers when this fun-filled December is over? By focusing on the small moments of happiness which bring a smile to our face at any moment. Instead of only focusing on the main events, we can offer consumers new ideas and the right tools to make every day special. How about a well-deserved dinner after a long working day, a fun and healthy lunchbox for kids, a quick snack for on the road or a winter warming oven-dish for the weekend? Small moments like these can have a big impact; to our customers and increasing sales.
For more information:
Wim van den Berg
+31 (0)6 5756 4346
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-20 Moisture control technology launches to extend shelf life of produce
- 2022-05-20 Mondipal introduces a new soft fruit crate
- 2022-05-19 Hebei Lantan: Our planters are good in drainage
- 2022-05-09 “TempU08 Disposable USB temperature data logger with LCD Screen is better at recording temperature changes during transport”
- 2022-05-06 Mom-approved snack boards for Mother’s Day
- 2022-05-04 Gideon launches Trey, the autonomous forklift for trailer loading and unloading
- 2022-05-03 Aurora: Our new circular array zigzag plant growth lamp improves energy efficiency by 25%
- 2022-04-28 Breaking down walls to introduce farming into existing buildings
- 2022-04-26 France: Innovations at Savéol
- 2022-04-19 Syngenta presents new colorful set of peppers
- 2022-04-19 Australia: Spinach recall issued over salmonella fears
- 2022-04-08 Amela wins the Fruit Logistica Innovation Award
- 2022-03-24 GrowArt: The market space for planting towers needs to be improved
- 2022-03-21 "We have introduced the Frigga 4G range of Real Time Data Loggers"
- 2022-03-14 Vertical Farms in containers - economic sustainability to be assessed before everything
- 2022-03-09 Malling Fruits reports big interest in everbearer strawberry
- 2022-03-04 What is the future of the Metaverse for indoor agriculture?
- 2022-02-24 “We present the TempU8B single-use USB temperature humidity data logger with higher accuracy"
- 2022-02-24 History of biological pollination in UK tomato crops
- 2022-02-22 New finance option allows growers to receive 96% of shipment’s value in 24 hours